Author Topic: Turkish night  (Read 9030 times)

Offline Sleuth

Turkish night
« on: September 13, 2015, 09:19:40 AM »
Help please....We have family coming to Hisaronu on wednesday Sept 16th to. wednesday 23rd... one of our group wants to experience a `turkish night` at a hotel ( belly dancer, but also folk dancing group etc )
We contacted the Yalcin Hotel but they only do it every other thursday and its not next week
Can anyone please recommend any hotels locally who are doing one on a thursday / friday/ or saturday / or monday evening ?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Turkish night
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 21:20:58 PM »

Have sent you a PM  Sleuth.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 11:59:58 AM »
apparently Yakamoz have a good one.
sorry I have no contact details

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 12:54:58 PM »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 13:43:27 PM »
Make sure it is a Turkish Night.  A lot of the Belly Dancing is not a Belly Dancing exhibition. The girl does a bit of dancing then drags men from the audience and makes them strip to the waist, put's scarves around  their necks and then procedes to make them "dance" with her.  IMHO very embarassing and not what a lot of tourists would want to see.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 16:20:46 PM »
To be honest, we were both surprised when Kayakebab suggested Yakamoz. We've stayed at Yakamoz Hotel very many times over the last 16 years but have never seen one of those Turkish nights, all we had was just some very funny nights with the staff dressing up. They may do them now but I'd contact them first to find out. ;D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 18:42:05 PM »
Make sure it is a Turkish Night.  A lot of the Belly Dancing is not a Belly Dancing exhibition. The girl does a bit of dancing then drags men from the audience and makes them strip to the waist, put's scarves around  their necks and then procedes to make them "dance" with her.  IMHO very embarassing and not what a lot of tourists would want to see.

Can I suggest that it WOULD be what lots of tourists want

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 21:21:56 PM »
You can suggest that, once you show us the poll you have done of the tourists who want this.
A traditonal Turkish Night, should be that and it is something I would very much like to see and not the tired old belly dancer getting men up to make a fool of them 
I bet, like us when we saw our first Belly Dancing show, new tourists expect the woman to give a dancing exhibition.  We would really like to see a proper belly dancing evening, but it would seem there is no such thing.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 22:02:37 PM »

A couple of years ago I was treated to an authentic Turkish evening at the Lagoon Hotel. There was

a belly dancer and a dance troupe in traditional costume, approx' six men & six women and they danced

for about 1 hour. A couple of the dances were the Turkish equivalent of the sword dance, but using large

daggers. An enjoyable evening ( with no audience participation ).

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 10:26:54 AM »
We went to the   Yalcin Hotel on thursday night and was not disappointed  !!  the food spread was  excellent   .. yes  there was the usual belly dancer routine we have seen so many times before  as Jacqui  described   but  the rest of the entertainment was superb....  folk dancers.  knife throwing act,  a  female contortionist, and a very good  breakdance act ... around Hisaronu the Yalcin would be a `hard act to follow` as a `turkish night`  and all  that for only  £11   per person  !!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf