Author Topic: Honestly please!  (Read 17755 times)

Offline Hamlet

Re: Honestly please!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 21:51:07 PM »
Ok, ok, I'll join in!

I'm not going to respond to those on here, who don't live in the village and are again wanting to stir up things they no nothing about, only what derogatory comments they have heard 3rd, 4th or 5th hand.

They are after all whiter than white themselves!

I'm also not going to bother going over old ground & fluffing up the nice things about the village as they have been explained enough on this forum.

Chilliport, if you want specifics about the village, the pros & cons etc, send me a PM.  8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 22:43:06 PM »
Strange, one reply from one person who lives there, after three pages of answers, but, for some reason they will not put the joys of living in this wonderful place for all to read but, will answer in private??? 
I think that would worry me if I wanted to live and/or buy in Fairyland.  :o :angel:

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 22:47:51 PM »
We have friends who had a beautiful stone villa built a few years back. They lived there three years and loved it.

However when they decided to come home it took a long time to sell and I think they just about got back their investment.

That is true of most property Stoop not just Uzumlu

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 00:12:56 AM »

only what derogatory comments they have heard 3rd, 4th or 5th hand.

My reply contained no reference to comments, derogatory or otherwise - and I was brave enough to post them in public, on what is a public forum. I see what some people might like about the idea of living in Uzumlu, but for the reasons confirmed previously it is not for me. Or indeed us as a family.

3rd 4th or 4th hand comments don't come into what I offered, as a personal opinion. Unless you read something into it, or into something others commented on (in the absence of so many vocal Uzumlu members who to a man/woman failed to turn up to help this member initially).

Strange really, you can normally set your watch by them on here.

Had the opening post been "We were thinking of moving to Uzumlu but we heard it's a bloody nightmare" us non-Uzumlu folk would have struggled to get a word in...

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 05:41:18 AM »
Keith, I'm sure that I didn't state that everyone had made derogatory remarks.
I do know your personal thoughts on living in Uzumlu and respect them.

I just wish that some people on the forum would not take every opportunity to take another swipe every time the word Üzümlü is mentioned, ie: Jacqui Harvey's 'Fairyland' comment!

I don't see other villages being slagged off like Üzümlü is.

It really does get quite tedious and I can understand why there have been no other members commenting on this post.

I don't mind Calis, Ovacik, Olu Deniz, Hisaronu & I quite like Scotland but I wouldn't want to live in any of them.
That's my choice, but I don't keep banging on about them and running them down!

To those whose goal in life seems to be to dig, dig, dig at Üzümlü & its residents, my advice is to 'get a life'

As far as the PM is concerned, there have in the past been many, many comments extolling the features of Üzümlü & I could see no benefit in repeating them on this thread.
I stated that if the OP wanted to know specifics I would answer them via PM, especially regarding the two people/businesses referred to by JH & UBT as I'm not prepared to discuss them further on an open forum.

Offline kawasakikid

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 06:38:52 AM »
“Will you walk into my parlour?” said the Spider to the Fly,
 'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
  The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
   And I've a many curious things to shew when you are there.”

“Oh no, no,” said the little Fly, “to ask me is in vain,
 For who goes up your winding stair
     -can ne'er come down again.”

~By Mary Howitt, 1829

Offline scorcher

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 06:45:19 AM »
I'm sure that the above post should not be seen as a Keith v Keith pop but was more than likely directed at the odd cul de sac dweller. Me - I'm off to MacDonalds for breakfast.....    ;) The constant sniping is very, erm -predictable ?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 06:54:43 AM »
"As far as the PM is concerned, there have in the past been many, many comments extolling the features of Üzümlü & I could see no benefit in repeating them on this thread."

The new member had obviously not read anything in the past, mainly, because they are a new member asking for advise.   It took three pages with no advise for this member from a resident, until and I admit, rather naughtily, I joined in with USB as I think we both knew this would get an Uzmulu resident to come and give some advise.  I am glad now  the O.P. is going to get some advice, albeit in private.   Without our comments I doubt the O.P. would have ever heard anything from a resident.
I duly apologise for the Fairyland remark.  However, I like to think that living in a "Fairyland" would be a nice thing to do, like finding Nirvarna and never wanting to leave or live anywhere else.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 09:52:32 AM »
Apology accepted  8)

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »
Hamlet, sent you a PM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf