Author Topic: Mozaik Bahçe - a heartfelt thank you  (Read 20270 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Mozaik Bahçe - a heartfelt thank you
« on: November 03, 2015, 19:33:22 PM »
After seven wonderful years at Mozaik Doğan and I have decided it's time to move on.  We turned a scrubby little back street dirt garden (with everyone saying you won't make it work there), into Dogan's dream; a Turkish restaurant serving the famous Hatay cuisine of his home province; and became one of the most popular restaurants in Fethiye.

We couldn't have achieved this (especially in the early years) without the continued support of CBF members and in time we benefited from repeat business, plus their friends and family, word of mouth recommendations, TripAdvisor, online blogs such as Turkey's for Life and entries in numerous international travel books and magazines. For all of your support we thank you and will always be grateful.

We have had fantastic loyal, dedicated and happy staff teams over the years and are proud of our record of employing as many if not more women than men, including in frontline positions. We have seen our staff blossom and grow with some returning to education and others having experiences and opportunities they would never had had otherwise.

Our success as a restaurant has supported and provided incomes for our ever growing staff team and their families. The number of people financially supported by Mozaik including spouses and children is about 30 people a year.

Now, after seven years we now feel Mozaik will benefit from the enthusiasm and energy that comes with new owners. When we know who the new owners will be, we will let you know too.

In conclusion, I would just like to add, we have met literally thousands of amazing people from all around the world and are happy to count many as our friends. Our worlds are better places for these friendships.

Again, thank you all so much for your loyalty, enthusiasm for and enjoyment of what we have offered over the past seven years.

Dogan and Nichola

We would also like to apologize for any confusion and upset caused recently and especially to Don, who both we and Keith have been in touch with and everything is good.

We had intended to let everyone know when we could confirm who the new owners would be and what their intentions are. In light of our plans becoming a little prematurely public knowledge and knowing how passionate many of you are about Mozaik as part of its history, transition and success (it's as much yours in a way as it's ours) we felt we should clarify the situation and promise to keep you all up to date with developments as they happen.

Offline Jim Fraser

Re: Mozaik Bahçe - a heartfelt thank you
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 19:42:41 PM »
Beautifully put Nichola.
Best wishes to you both for the future.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 19:45:35 PM »
Terrible news, I'm in shock  ;)

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 19:53:44 PM »
Lovely post Nichola.  Huge thank you to you and Dogan for creating such a wonderful little place in the back streets of Fethiye! Once we'd found it (only via CBF) it became a firm favourite and a must every time we were in Calis.  The food is to die for, your staff are wonderful and it's easy to see why it has become such a favourite with everyone. 

Best wishes and good luck in whatever new venture you take on in the future.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 19:54:55 PM »
May I be the first wish you all the best in your new venture - many folks have said a kebab van on the A9 southbound outside Perth will never work but I'm sure you and Doğan will make a success of it.

Oops, have I let the (stray) cat out of the bag...?

JF

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 19:56:21 PM »
I sincerely hope you both go on to bigger and better things. You would never give up your lovely little place unless you had plans to expand your talents. All the very best to you both x

Offline Lotty

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 20:06:29 PM »
Lovely post Nichola, we shall miss you. I must say you've both made your mark on Fethiye and I hope some of your business ethos rubs off on others. I've never seen such a happy, amiable and comfortable staff anywhere! Be very proud of your amazing achievements. Good luck in your new ventures, I'm sure you'll succeed wherever you go. Be happy, love each other and live every day to its fullest.

Thank you! ;D ;D ;D xx

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 20:14:01 PM »
Such exciting times for you both. So much world to see and so much to do in the world.

All the very best from me and Jav.   :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 20:38:05 PM »
Good luck with whatever you both chose to do.
Why don't you open a new restaurant in Ovacik   ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 20:51:27 PM »
Bugger ! Mrs KKOB and I have never been to the Mozaik but we'd promised ourselves a visit next year.

Best wishes for the future.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf