Author Topic: Turkcell Vinn  (Read 5186 times)

Offline yakamoz

Turkcell Vinn
« on: November 04, 2016, 17:06:44 PM »
Can anyone advise if I can top this up with online bank account as I do mobile phone. Now in UK and when we came back to Turkey earlier this year had to buy new sim as we had not been in Turkey for 12 months. Don't want to have to do this again next year. Many thanks for any advice.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Turkcell Vinn
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 20:36:35 PM »
I dont know about topping up online sorry, i thought if you have been out of Turkey for 6 months you need to buy a new sim card?

Offline philrose

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 05:18:10 AM »
Yes exactly the same as if you were topping up your mobile...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 09:53:34 AM »
Karen,  We have a basic Turkish mobile and we leave our phone with our Maintenance Company, so when we return the phone does not need a new sim card.  Perhaps you could do the same with your company or someone on your site?

Offline faymoore

• Enjoy your life,this is not a dress rehearsal!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 12:28:05 PM »
I dont know about topping up online sorry, i thought if you have been out of Turkey for 6 months you need to buy a new sim card?

We also had to purchase a new sim for our Turkcell Vinn WiFi when we returned to Turkey this year.
Sorry, cannot answer question re online top up tho.

Dave.

Offline faymoore

• Enjoy your life,this is not a dress rehearsal!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 12:34:43 PM »
Karen,  We have a basic Turkish mobile and we leave our phone with our Maintenance Company, so when we return the phone does not need a new sim card.  Perhaps you could do the same with your company or someone on your site?

We also leave our basic Turkish mobile to be topped up during our stay Jacqui. Never considered doing the same with our Wi Fi though!
We normally obtain 15gb of data for YTL48 for WiFi whilst we are over, but to replace the sim and I believe 8gb data, was YTL100

Dave.

Offline philrose

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 13:06:52 PM »
If you are all ready using your online banking to top up your mobile you just need to add the Vinns number to your account and top up as you would your mobile....

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 13:42:04 PM »

We also leave our basic Turkish mobile to be topped up during our stay Jacqui. Never considered doing the same with our Wi Fi though!
We normally obtain 15gb of data for YTL48 for WiFi whilst we are over, but to replace the sim and I believe 8gb data, was YTL100

Dave.

We paid 60TL to get a WIFI box on the roof and then we get the choice to pay between 35-50TL per month for WIFI.  We now pay the 50TL for the better connection, this time it was brilliant.   Whenever we leave the WIFI is turned off, so we only pay when we are over.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 17:59:07 PM »
I bought a MIFI jobbie from Amazon and with Vodafone I get to take my UK data allowance abroad (including Turkey) for £3 per day. I know this isn't exactly relevant to the question in hand, but just to say the signal in Calis and Fethiye was excellent. I would normally go and get a Turkcell sim in Fethiye but this saves all the hassle of that, works on arrival and doesn't end up with my phone/MIFI being blocked when we return.

Offline yakamoz

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 16:29:17 PM »
Thanks everyone for advice. I will try to top up online banking as I do with mobile. will also look at alternatives for next year.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf