Author Topic: Attempted Bomb Attack in Izmir  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Attempted Bomb Attack in Izmir
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 22:22:17 PM »
We have had a Villa in Calis for 12 years and I agree with Bernie, we always feel safe there and are always relaxed.  We used to think that when my husband retired we would move out permanently,but over the years we have changed our minds.  We will still, as long as we are comfortable go for holidays but we now know we would never want to live in Turkey.  We do worry about the Political situation but that is not the main reason.  The situation for us now my husband is retired is so different and we both know when we are over in Turkey after a month we want to return home.  So, for now, it will be a lovely place to relaxed and chill out for a couple of months a year, but we also have holidays elsewhere now we have the time, we are travelling a lot more.
Everyone is different so good luck to those who love it enough to want to live in Turkey permanently.   :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: Attempted Bomb Attack in Izmir
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 06:48:46 AM »
I agree John.
We moved here 6 years ago and have always rented and have property in the uk.

I was nervous of investing in property then and certainly wouldnt now and dont understand the people coming now and burning all their bridges.
I find myself yearly doing wait and see, wait for the election, wait for the Presidency and so on.
While waiting we haven't had the bathroom or kitchen done here which we would love to have done and I begrudgingly buy anything now.
We bought a new car but only on the basis that it was a good price and would get more back if we sold it.
It was also part of a bigger plan for a 4000km road trip to explore Bulgaria as a plan B.
It really wasn't for us and our next road trip will be Albania.
I fell in love with this country over 20 years ago, I still love it but hate the changes and really fear the worst.
So currently playing for time, waiting for the next Presidential development and depending on that what we will do next.
I wish I could be like those who never follow the news or follow Twitter and blissfully have my head in the sand but I just can't.
I feel so sad about it all, took many years hard work and planning to finance getting here and really don't want to leave but honestly think it will come to that further down the line. 

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf