Author Topic: Ryanair might be on strike when I am flying  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Daffodil2017

• Newly Registered
Ryanair might be on strike when I am flying
« on: December 14, 2017, 21:14:45 PM »
I am supposed to be flying to Dublin on the 20th of this month.It looks as if I may be caught up in the threatened pilots strike.Any advice on what I should do and what I am entitled too?I have never been in this situation before.

Offline Daffodil2017

• Newly Registered
Re: Ryanair might be on strike when I am flying
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 18:04:24 PM »
When I went to Bristol Airport to catch my flight on the 20th of December there was a three hour delay.I was given a few pounds on proof of my ticket for credit to buy a drink.The amount would not have bought much in the way of food.
After the flight I went on to Ryanairs site and made a claim in accordance with European rules.Immediate response confirming that I would receive 250euro and have now banked the cheque.No problems!It was about ten days after their initial response before I received it which is what they told me it would be.
I was expecting it to be a lot more of a problem because of all the horror stories about making claims for flight delays.

Online marina

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 18:34:38 PM »
I think Ryanair have recently revised their policy on compensation for flight delays (though I could be wrong about that!)  :-\   But good to know that you got yours without any problem.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 19:08:45 PM »
I think Ryanair have recently revised their policy on compensation for flight delays

It's actually EU legislation, so not much Ryanair can do to affect it - what they have done is said that they'll pay any compensation within ten days, as opposed to the current twenty eight days.

JF

Offline Daffodil2017

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 12:48:34 PM »
By coincidence when I was about to make a claim Gloria Hunniford was on tv warning against using an agency to make flight delay claims on your behalf as they take so much in charges.I went straight to the airlines own site to claim.There were details on there about the EU ruling 216/2004 which were very clear.Never having been delayed like this before I was a complete novice and could easily have made use of an agency.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf