Author Topic: What is the legal procedure to list your property for holiday rental, please?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline paz

I appreciate that you may need to move this post, but I have tried searching for this information on site andhave been unable to find the answer.  We are thinking of listing with Homeaway, but need information as to how to properly register for tax purposes etc.  Thank you.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
A few topics on this - the longest being:

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=62801.0

Offline Phil

There are two parts to the process : Police (or Gendarme) Registration and Tax Registration. Both of these processes are quite straightforward ( for Turkey ) but I don’t think you could do either from the UK.

The challenges are finding people to manage everything for you once you are “legal”.

The registration of guests needs to be done by someone in Turkey ( either on line or in person ) . We use our Property Manager.

Someone needs to prepare and submit monthly tax returns for you. We employ an accountant who works very closely with the Property Manager.

We found the whole process of registering and operating the systems to be simple, logical and straightforward. We would say that this was entirely due to the advice and assistance provided by our Property Manager. ( Can anyone guess who they are  ? )

You will be totally dependent on people in Turkey to work the systems – so choose very carefully who you use. Do NOT be tempted to try and operate under the radar – it will find you.

At this early stage don’t worry about the intricacies of the processes – concentrate on finding someone reputable, knowledgeable and trustworthy to help and guide you.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Cenk & Olga ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf