Author Topic: Thomas Cook Delays  (Read 9734 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thomas Cook Delays
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 19:50:38 PM »
I fear TC will shortly take the same route as monarch

I'll drink to that.  No more than that company deserves.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2018, 20:42:22 PM »

Why oh why could these slimeballs not have gone bust instead of Monarch?

Ken, I can't recall a post I agree with more than what you posted here :(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2018, 16:53:08 PM »

Why oh why could these slimeballs not have gone bust instead of Monarch?

Ken, I can't recall a post I agree with more than what you posted here :(

Likewise!

Offline marina

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2018, 20:58:55 PM »
Just been reading of a Thomas Cook flight delayed 56 hours flying from Cancun, Mexico to Manchester!  Technical fault apparently, they were waiting for a spare part!  :o

Offline blueclad

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2018, 10:29:33 AM »
Does anyone know how long it takes to get flight delay compensation from Thomas Cook ? via their web site .

Or does anyone feel it would be quicker to get the refund via say martin lewis template ?.

need another holiday fast to get over a  5 hr long delay at dalaman this week due to a change of aircraft at Gatwick for the dalaman and return flight to a different type of plane and it had to get a pilot from Manchester airport down to Gatwick who could fly this airbus 321 as the other pilot who was due to fly the boing 737 300 series  did not know how to fly this type of  airbus 321 plane .
they wanted 100 people to get onto a Luton  plane then bus down to Gatwick m25 rush hour  >:( as the replacement place did not have enough seats,

What a shamble airline  I will update on this later

Offline Somerset Simon

Thomas Cook Delays
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2018, 11:25:14 AM »
It took 2 working days using the Thomas cook website after I was delayed 9 hours in March, submitted claim with copy of booking and received voucher for £450 by email (had choice of £350 refund or £450 flight voucher) by email. Delay was due to landing sensor fault. Flight cost was £24 so not too unhappy!

Offline marina

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2018, 14:37:53 PM »
Took us two weeks to the day after arriving home to have the money paid into my bank account.  Decided against vouchers as not entirely convinced T Cook will still be around when I want to use them. 

To be fair it was very easy to claim using the form on their website.  Wouldn't bother with the Martin Lewis one Ron.
We arrived back home Wednesday night after our  five and a half hour delay, filled in the form on Saturday sending copies of booking and boarding cards, received email two days later acknowledging receipt of claim.  Further email four days later saying they accepted our claim and would be paying £700 into bank account within 10 working days.  It arrived 3 working days later.

That bit they can get right, but maybe they've had a lot of practice! 

Offline blueclad

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2018, 19:30:53 PM »
Phoned T C  on a free phone number at 5 pm  as my filled in form would not be accepted it came up as system down  within 10 seconds a very helpful Scottish lady took my call  gave her all details lasting 23 mins  then whoops she found out Thursdays flight delay not yet on T C system   >:( hence my online application rejection , got a reference number and a  promise to phone when its on T C system  and a email confirming this..
 some else we know also cant get the form done on line as well
fingers crossed :'(

Offline marina

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2018, 19:52:07 PM »
Hope it's sorted soon for you blueclad.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2018, 07:21:34 AM »
The last few weeks have really concerned  me with flying with TC, we have only ever flown once with them and said then, never again, but due to them being the only company from Stansted direct over winter time and wanting to travel to Calis out of season we felt we had no choice...  So booked to travel boxing day, they have already contactd us to say flight is moved from 09.15 to 15.15 , thats already an inconvenience as we booked a gatwick hotel that cannot be changed ready for the early flight... We only have a weeks holiday so lets hope they dont mess about with flight on the day to much.. We can only pray... If they do thats it, the last and final time using them..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf