Author Topic: Our June 2018 holiday: The Front  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Our June 2018 holiday: The Front
« on: June 24, 2018, 20:15:55 PM »
I sincerely hope I am wrong about this but I strongly believe that there is a very serious accident waiting to happen on the front involving very young child and an electric motor scooter and/or a motor bike or pedal cycle. :( :( :( :(

Offline Christie

Re: Our June 2018 holiday: The Front
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 22:07:20 PM »
The amount of 'traffic' using the promenade as a road worried us as well  loads of cyclists, electric scooters,  motor bikes and scooters, it is almost a road as opposed to a pedestrian promenade.   One young lad on a cycle nearly flattened us, and it worried us that it is an accident waiting to happen,  just one small child wandering out on to the prom into the path of these vehicles.   There is a sign at the  beginning of the prom saying no cycles but it is totally ignored. This was one of the few things that we were disappointed with.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 22:21:44 PM »
I sat in a restaurant one evening watching an adorable two year old Turkish girl joyfully running back and fro across the prom to her friends who were blowing bubbles on the wall.

If even a pedal cyclist, travelling irresponsibly at the speeds they do, had hit her she would have been smashed onto the paviours and she may, God forbid, well have suffered fatal head injuries.

Something needs to be done before a tragedy happens.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 07:40:05 AM »
Must agree. We ride our bikes and very rarely take them on the front. I think we did one late afternoon when it was very quiet and one early evening when it was much busier. That’s over the last four weeks.

The busier of the two rides has put us off doing it again as it’s just too much hassle trying to ride safely. The last thing we want is to cause an injury.

As for the electric scooters - if someone is unable to walk then fine. However I see young, obviously fit people using them everywhere and they are so dangerous because they are so quiet. I could say more but I’m sure it would offend someone.

Safe to say though that if more people walked they might find themselves a little fitter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf