Author Topic: recent car hire experience with Pegasus  (Read 4018 times)

Offline davidhutson

recent car hire experience with Pegasus
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:40:43 PM »
just wanted to share  our recent experience renting a car from Pegasus car hire company, i contacted Mutlu direct and got a competitive price for a  weeks rental,
we have used pegasus several times before so not sure if we got a preferential rate but we paid £105,
unfortunately on our first day i reversed the vehicle  and turned and somehow managed to sideways hit a telegraph pole which sprinted into my blind spot !!
There was quite alot of damage to the drivers door and sill, we immediately reported the damage by e mail, with photos, and explained no other vehicle was involved, no third party injuries etc, and asked if there was any other action they required us to take, we studied the small print on the agreament, we were expecting to find a clause regarding excess charges, we didnt find anything but were concerned because we had lodged our credit card details and the small print said they were entitled to take a charge for loss of rental for any time the car is out of action while being repaired, we were expecting to be charged maybe two weeks rental charges on our return, we returned the car and after a few nervous minutes when several people were taking photos from different angles and a quick telephone conversation  with the manager, we were told we could go, we asked what was happening, and they said that because we were good customers there would be no charge, the company  would  pay 1000 turkish lira for the excess  but didnt charge us a penny, i have to say we were mightily relieved, not sure if they still regard us as a good customer lol but thought the story was worth sharing

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: recent car hire experience with Pegasus
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 13:31:09 PM »
That is great to hear Dave if we r ever brave enough to hire a car they will be our first port of call   ;)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 16:26:03 PM »
Excellent, pleased it worked out. Well done pegasus.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 22:32:56 PM »
I've used them on several occasions and never had a problem.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 23:25:52 PM »
I've only rented a car once in all my years in and visiting Turkey - and that was from Pegasus.

Glad to hear they are still offering good service - what a lesson in customer service.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 17:59:07 PM »
Excellent review, will give them a try sometime soon   :)

Offline davybill

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 10:05:56 AM »
We use Pegasus all the time, and no problems.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf