Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 79555 times)

Offline davybill

Re: Brexit
« Reply #380 on: December 17, 2018, 07:27:56 AM »
Trumps dirty hands😎😎
 on the nhs you have a vivid imagination

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #381 on: December 17, 2018, 09:54:48 AM »
Who voted in 2016 LindseyMitchell?

Offline madmart

« Reply #382 on: December 17, 2018, 15:08:34 PM »
So, iCalis, you’re saying over 16 million people are snowflakes and millennials?  A shocking generalisation if you don’t mind me saying so.

That is no worse than the almost constant abuse that has been coming from the Remain camp since the referendum in my opinion. The old saying 'if you can't take it don't dish it out' springs to mind.

One question for everyone though.

IF there is another referendum and the result is the same will BOTH sides stfu and honour and respect democracy in action as that is what has been patently missing for the last 2 years?

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #383 on: December 17, 2018, 15:28:55 PM »
No vivid imagination, davybill, when Hunt was in charge, he had several meetings with health insurance companies in New York;  it was reported on at the time.  Also, TM has repeatedly denied ruling out American involvement in the nhs as part of a future trade deal.

My own daughter voted to Leave, having read up on the subject thoroughly at the time, and now admits she was convinced leaving would be a good thing because of duff information or not enough information,  She is not stupid by any means, but I think she is typical of a big chunk of our population.  I actually saw someone on the BBC news saying he’d voted leave to stop Indians and Pakistanis coming here!

Why are brexiteers so scared of another referendum I wonder?

At the start of a trial, many jurors may think a defendant is guilty having heard the opening words of the prosecutor.  However, days or weeks later, when they’re in possession of all the facts, they may change their minds. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #384 on: December 17, 2018, 16:33:38 PM »
Can someone give me one valid reason why people who voted leave should accept the result of a second vote.

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #385 on: December 17, 2018, 16:47:43 PM »
If there were to be a General Election next week, and your party lost, would you refuse to accept the result?  Same thing.

Offline madmart

« Reply #386 on: December 17, 2018, 17:20:58 PM »
Like remain are doing over the referendum? EXACTLY the same thing.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #387 on: December 17, 2018, 17:32:36 PM »
May point exactly madmart.

We had a vote and the result was that the majority voted to leave.

If the Remainers think they have a democratic right to refuse to accept that result, then presumably then will concede that Leavers have a democratic right to refuse to accept the second result if it was to remain.

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #388 on: December 17, 2018, 21:42:03 PM »
If there were to be a General Election next week, and your party lost, would you refuse to accept the result?  Same thing.

not really bothered I voted remain but the three people in my family who voted leave have all changed their minds now.

and the opinion polls show that sway

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2018, 22:04:18 PM »

Im not really bothered anymore. I voted remain but the three people in my family who voted leave have all changed their minds now. It was a bull**** idea Im not educated enough to know if leaving the UK would make us worse off or better off, a degree in fine art and a teaching certificate leaves me far short of that decision.

Most of the people in the factory I work in voted for racist reasons to keep foreigners out of the UK as we do employ quite a few eastern european workmates ,who are now good friends to me.  Im pretty sure much of the remain UK was just because of that reason alone.

The opinion polls now show minds have changed since the pound is worth not much more than the euro and pensions funds have dropped massivley. Ive put almost 5k in my pension this year and it increased by only 2k as the ftse 100 has dropped and dropped. have a second vote , then you will have a third. Im out

Pension out at 55 in a few months   and Im off Fethiye here I come

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf