Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 79532 times)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
Re: Brexit
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2018, 06:55:43 AM »
Did anyone think the EU would give us an easy ride;  the current situation could have been predicted two years ago, without recourse to a crystal ball or Mystic Meg. They’re not being bullying or overly recalcitrant, they’re being realistic.
Try ringing, say, Sky and telling them you want to leave them, but you still want three of their channels without paying for them.  See how far you get.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2018, 07:36:11 AM »
Sadly if anything its even worse. They want to end their subscription still get the channels plus tell Sky how to run their business!!

Alas I think we are wasting our time even highlighting the obvious to brexiteers as, bless them, they appear to inhabit a flawed nostalgic  world of Britain still having  an empire, ruling the waves, being the workshop of the world etc- delusional sad and daft in equal measures.

Meanwhile back on 21st century planet earth one cannot fail to have sympathy for EU negotiators- as one put it yesterday " how can we reach an agreement with UK when they have yet to reach an agreed position amongst themselves?"

Accurate frank and blunt in equal measures

Offline davybill

« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2018, 10:48:56 AM »
Brexit means Brexit patience is a virtue.

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2018, 11:29:04 AM »
I’ve been patiently waiting since June 2016.
Is there a glimmer of hope of an agreement?
Is there a logical solution to the border with Ireland that would be agreeable to the DUP?
No one seems to mention Gibraltar.
Are any of May’s plans agreeable to Rees Mogg and Boris et al?

Even the most committed Brexiteer will admit that we’ll be worse off with a no deal, but it looks like that’s where we’re heading.  Putting off the inevitable as May is suggesting is just delaying what will happen next March.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2018, 11:39:30 AM »
Gibraltar's sorted apparently. They're going to put a towrope on it and drag it out to The Azores.   ;)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1031964/brexit-news-gibraltar-spain-ireland-border-latest-eu-summit

Offline saoirse

« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2018, 12:02:59 PM »
I’ve been patiently waiting since June 2016.
Is there a glimmer of hope of an agreement?
Is there a logical solution to the border with Ireland that would be agreeable to the DUP?
No one seems to mention Gibraltar.
Are any of May’s plans agreeable to Rees Mogg and Boris et al?

Even the most committed Brexiteer will admit that we’ll be worse off with a no deal, but it looks like that’s where we’re heading.  Putting off the inevitable as May is suggesting is just delaying what will happen next March.

Lol
  Never r seen that before- attempting to put logical and DUP in same sentence!!

Ffs these throwbacks believe the earth is only 5000 years old, kids shouldn’t play on a Sunday and homosexuality should be illegal!!!

Offline yabanci

« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2018, 13:32:37 PM »

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2018, 16:20:03 PM »
Problem for UK is May will not stand up to Barnier. She gives in to EU. A brexit MP should be leading negotiations not a remainer. She is trying to keep UK in EU as long as possible until the referendum result is forgotten then we will not leave.

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2018, 17:12:54 PM »
She can stand up to Barnier all she likes, but it wouldn’t make one iota of difference.  He’s got four aces, and she’s got four under ten.
We have virtually no manufacturing here apart from assembling foreign cars, and the owners are already threatening to move to Europe.  What would the EU miss in the way of imports from the U.K.?
If it weren’t for the financial sector in London and Edinburgh, we’d have been sunk years ago.
You try to buy a British made t shirt, suit, car, white goods, chocolate or medicine.  Our trains, water and utility companies, and to a large extent banks are foreign owned.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my country, and can see the EU needs reform, but remaining is our least worst option.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2018, 19:56:29 PM »
Wonderful, isn’t it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf