Author Topic: Hassle at small market  (Read 47253 times)

Offline sandgrounder

Hassle at small market
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 22:25:52 PM »
Good luck jenny. You go girl

Offline Jenny

Hassle at small market
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 22:35:08 PM »
It will be my challenge for the week!
I will beat this man!

Jenny.x.

Offline mariam

Hassle at small market
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2005, 23:15:37 PM »
The same thing happened to us! I must admit I lost my cool, and I think they were taken aback! This man does not operate soley on his own. We were approached by a woman in her late 30's, and then he appeared. Whilst we were being shown all the delights of the shop, another man arrived, and seemed to take no interest in what was going on. When we left the shop, the man in the photo apologised and said he just likes to have some fun! I think threatening him with the police must have done it.

Maria & Tim

Offline SEVIYORUM

Hassle at small market
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2005, 10:38:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by alanw

Rach - no did not pay him 20YTL, offred him 3 he said that was an insult so I took it back off him and left, thats when he started growling!!!

:o
Makes you wonder how these people can get away with this!! I have seen him, seems like he gets around, alot!!
Rach xx:D

Offline apollo

Hassle at small market
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2005, 11:22:39 AM »
Anybody got his autograph yet?

Offline lmaddy

Hassle at small market
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2005, 11:50:10 AM »
Maybe we should get t-shirts made with his mug on them saying "Pest" or "con aritist".
I don't think he is harmful just take advantage of gullible tourists - and it looks like we have all been there - now we can say we have got the t-shirt!

Lorraine

Offline alanw

Hassle at small market
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2005, 23:10:58 PM »
Lorraine - can't say I see myself as gullible, this bloke is a real pest and if I may say so probably very intimidating to anyone who would not stand up to him, as for not being harmful he was blocking the doorway when we tried to leave demanding money, didn't worry me too much but can't say the wife was too happy! - She thought I was going to be locked after I offered to rearrange his anatomy.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Hassle at small market
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 00:34:56 AM »
When we were last in Turkey in June we came across this man. He tried to befriend us. We were on the other side of the road and he came over to us saying he liked the English etc. However my wife noticed a dolmus driver who had slowed down gesticualte to her to keep moving on. The dolmus driver then engaged the man in conversation which we could not understand but it was  a bit loud! This enabled us to walk quite a distance away from him and get away. We realised afterwards the driver of the dolmus was trying to help and protect us, which was very decent of him as we were not even one of his passengers. It was this kindness we prefer to remember. Thankfully having read this read we are glad we didnt go with man and meet his wife but at the time we were not sure as to his intentions or motives. We now know better.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Hassle at small market
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2005, 02:56:29 AM »
We met him last week too!  Didn't go into his shop though, so glad now we refused, or we'd have been another pair of mugs lol
Anne

Offline grinrod

Hassle at small market
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 21:15:08 PM »
Let us all know how you get on Jenny! Sounds like you need to threaten him with the police. And what a nice dolmus driver!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf