Author Topic: Hassle at small market  (Read 47572 times)

Offline alanw

Hassle at small market
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2006, 12:21:05 PM »
he is still there - now hanging around the mosque by the bus station

Offline rolo

Hassle at small market
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2006, 19:13:25 PM »
Oh god yes!  Got us a couple of years back too, Apple tea massage etc...  He wanted 20 mil each, I gave him 10 mil total and of course he was not too happy.  Saw him again a few days later and told him not to bother with all the crap because he was a bandit.  He apologised and gave us apple tea for free, then he stung us with another scam!

"We have some fresh Turkish Delight, please try some" he said and motioned the woman to get it.  She came out with it and we tried it - It was fantastic!  So, I thought why not, I went inside and ordered a few boxes to take home for the lads at work.  Having chosen what I wanted, he ushered us back outside to sit and finish our apple tea, she brought out the TD boxes a few minutes later, I paid and we left on good terms.  Then... I got to work the following week and put out the TD for all to eat - it was crap! (Hard and chewy, probably 2 years old!).

Did not see him at all last year, luckily for him!

PS. He told us he had worked in France for several years, so I guess that's another tall story!

Offline SEVIYORUM

Hassle at small market
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2006, 13:16:56 PM »
omg Rolo lol.
I don't mean to laugh but what a cheeky sod!! I can't believe that!

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Hassle at small market
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2006, 19:52:53 PM »
Yep, I was nearly duped by him last year. There was also a rather clingy Dolmus driver also last year but thats another story.

I think we should have a 'Stay away from' forum complete with pics.

Offline birdseye

Hassle at small market
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2006, 00:09:28 AM »
We got caught last summer but got away by saying i was Australian,walked away an left him very confused.Just say hello cobber

Offline sunny

Hassle at small market
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2006, 19:16:28 PM »
Hi everyone
yes thats the man me and my friends got caught too although we ended up paying less. Don,t worry about being rude to this man, no doubt i will be that way again, and i shall go out of my way to be rude.

After we got out we met some other English people and told them to be careful, but they already knew about him and told us if this ever happened again to say that we are going to call the police , apparently we were told, this frightens him and works wonders on him letting you out of the shop.
But best of all don,t go in in the first place. 8)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Hassle at small market
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2006, 06:44:14 AM »
Hi Sunny and welcome to the Forum.  It is normal to introduce yourself in members introductions first. :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 06:45:03 AM by tribalelder »

Offline Kirby

• Birmingham, UK
Hassle at small market
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2006, 19:17:20 PM »
Don't worry Sunny.   Welcome to the Forum.  A lot of people do this.  It is a way of learning how to get around the site!   I know I entered something in the wrong area not so long ago - life is short - don't worry.   We are all here to help you on your way around......  Have a little play and see what this lovely site can offer..... If you post something in the wrong area - so what - enter it again on the right one hahahahahaha

Carole x

Offline tel

Hassle at small market
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2006, 11:36:11 AM »
Hello Sunny,
We are friendly like Kirby says, but you have been a member nearly a year  LOL  So it's good to see you make a post. Welcome to the forum..Karen.
Tel

Offline Linda1953

Hassle at small market
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 12:44:58 PM »
LOL naaah Lolly just get a T-shirt with PARA YOK on in very large letters next to the Union Jack!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf