Author Topic: taking a year out from England  (Read 11535 times)

Offline canim

taking a year out from England
« on: November 08, 2005, 19:05:21 PM »
Hi everyone....im taking a year out from living in England for twelve months...i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much it would cost about to feed myself and pay electric and other bills...but not including rent as i have got that covered

Offline Tracey3

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 19:12:56 PM »
Previous threads have reckoned £400/ month is enough to live on.  Probably more than you would need, but better have too much than too little eh?[:o)]

You lucky thing you:D!

Thinking of doing a 6 month sting next year myself-that's as long as I can keep my car out there apparantly:(!

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 19:19:32 PM »
So long as you dont do the holiday-maker bit for the whole year 100 quid a week will be plenty, if you hit the bars and restuarants every night then you will need a lot more.

Offline canim

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 19:20:53 PM »
good luck to you....i hope it comes off for you... might be making the biggest mistake of my life...but got to try before im to old...lol

Offline canim

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 19:22:21 PM »
No want to live like a local would...get out of this rat race which we have in England

Offline Tracey3

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 19:27:20 PM »
Don't think it will be a mistake.  You only live once and if you are young (how old?) then you will have many years to recoup any financial loss and the experience will be wonderful.  Even the bad times.  Often they are the things you laugh most about at a later date when you have time to reflect.

I too don't want to leave it too late, but I am battleing my 'adventurous streak' and my being 'sensible you've got a jod and committments streak'.  Bored with work so very loosely planning to change jobs next Aprilish and then have a sabatical from work for 6 months!

Offline canim

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 19:32:17 PM »
43 oh that sticks in my airways to say that:D giving up a good job which i love... but just going through a divorce...or will be when i can sell the house...kids all grown up now... its now or never..before i get bogged down with another morgage here...you never know i might change my name to Shirley...after Shirley Valentine (its a film by the way) just in case yr to young to remember :D

Offline Tracey3

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 19:50:56 PM »
He he he......I'm not that much behind you!  I thought I was talking to a wee young thing!  
Not going through a divorce and no kids to worry about........just think there must be more to life than this!
Are you going out after Xmas for a whole year?

PS we will be scolded for chatting any minute now......

Offline canim

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 19:57:53 PM »
going on the 30th December for aweek...staying with a local family who will help me find an apartment to rent...going back to England for a few weeks to hand in my notice...hopefully be in Turkey by end January....

Offline Tracey3

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 20:01:12 PM »
All the very very best of luck......who know we may meet up, by then you'll more native and can pass on loads of good advice.  Do you speak much Turkish?  Is your plan a year long holiday or get some work along the way?

Wish it were me going so soon!  Won't be till next year now, but not been back that long so the memories will have to last!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf