Author Topic: Nationwide Cash Point  (Read 11838 times)

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2006, 17:58:22 PM »
Gordon - you really do need to switch to Nationwide - please listen to everyone and save yourself some money

Janet

Offline 1gor2don

Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2006, 19:50:46 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback everyone, much appreciated.
cheers,
Gordon :)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2006, 21:38:31 PM »
We are Nat West Advantage Premier account holders and agree with Elsa. We opened a Nationwide Flex and have set up an automatc transfer from our Natwest to our Flex for hols and apartment costs. Its so much cheaper and if ever we needed to transfer a large sum of cash( God forbid) its cheaper than the standard Natwest charge- Premier or not! The only thing I'd say is I wouldnt risk setting off on a night out with no cash and relying on the cash machines in Calis - they never seem to work when we've needed them desparately- would always get cash from fethiye - more choice and less likelyhood of having to tick up in bars for the whole night!

Offline 1gor2don

Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2006, 10:40:34 AM »
Make you right there, cash machines in Calis are very dodgy, havent been too bad during the winter but during the season they are rarely working in the mornings or so it seems.
I have been thinking and have another couple of questions.
When I contacted Natwest to ask about why I was paying so much to draw my own money they told me they have no control over the charges made by the Turkish banks for using their ATMs. So whilst I begrudge paying £4 a month to draw my pension, that is not really the issue, it is the £10+ I am being charged this end by the Turkish banks. Now, if it is the case that the British banks cannot control any costs incurred this end, how is you lot are all drawing money from ATMs with no charges, regardless of which cards you are using,I am confused( no change there then!!) Also I have a debit card for FinansBank, I have not tried everywhere by any means but so far it seems the card will only work in FinansBank ATMs, ie outside the bank in Fethiye or the one in Calis, now the one at Gima has gone. Surely this cannot be the case, anyone know of any other ATMs where I can use the Finansbank debit card??
Cheers,
Gordon[?][?]

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2006, 15:41:22 PM »
apparently you can use them in Fortis machines too, although the only one I've seen of these is just round the corner from Finansbank in Fethiye. There was another company too, could be Oyak? If you ask in the branch they will tell you, as it was them that told us.

Theres a Finans ATM near where the dolmus turns from Hisaronu down to Olu Deniz, and one in Olu Deniz by the dolmuses - just for info....a long way to go to draw money!!!

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2006, 16:31:12 PM »
I don't think I get charged as much as £10 to use an ATM machine in Turkey with my NatWest card.  I ussually use the one to the right of Garanti bank or I have used the one on the roundabout in Calis.  It's ussually the exchange rate plus a couple of pounds

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2006, 02:08:53 AM »
Gordon
I've never been charged for withdrawing cash from my Nationwide - & the exchange rates are as good as you'll find in Turkey. Used the Calis roundabout one (the original one, not tried the other), the one outside Finansbank, the one near the mosque - before it was well vandalised etc.
Is the money being charged by the Turkish banks OR Natwest?
It seems a bit strange that Nationwide customers don't get charged whereas Natwest customers do? Maybe Nationwide tells the banks not to charge their customers & Natwest does the opposite. OR are the charges from natwest????
Get yourself a Nationwide card & have a meal out every month with a toast to the Nationwide. You'll also find that you get more YTL to the £ with Nationwide.
It might even be worth coming back for a week to set up a new account using a relatives address if you don't have a UK address. It'll save you a tidy sum over the years.
Linda

Offline lizw

Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2006, 10:52:13 AM »
Do any of the ATMs give a balance after taking money from your Nationwide or even state the exchange rate used??

Offline 1gor2don

Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2006, 17:07:44 PM »
Thanks for the replies.
Natwest are adament the charge in Turkey is out of their control.
When I draw money from my Natwest account the charges are shown on my statement seperately, £4 by Natwest and £10odd from which ever Turkish ATM I have used, this is for withdrawing 900-1000 YTL.
Seems very strange??
Cheers,
Gordon

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2006, 19:47:20 PM »
Lizw
No they don't BUT you will get a great exchange rate, better often than the best you can find in Turkey.
When I took out money last week the exchange rate in Calis was 2.25 - at the time of ALL transactions. Fethiye we could have got 2.32 at best.
You could always pop into the Internet cafe & check what rate you get online from Nationwide - it's nearly instantaneous.
Gordon - I hope you have a Natwest withdrawel on same day so you can check what an abysmal rate Natwest give you compared to nationwide. Should be 2.5-3% lower.
Get yourself over here & open a Nationwide account - you know it makes sense.
Maximum daily withdrawel with Nationwide is £300
Linda

22 April 2006    Cash Fethiye MUGLA. 700.00TRY at 2.352         £297.55    

24 April 2006    Cash Fethiye MUGLA. 400.00TRY at 2.352         £170.03      

28 April 2006    Cash Fethiye MUGLA. 700.00TRY at 2.370         £295.29    

29 April 2006    Cash Fethiye MUGLA. 400.00TRY at 2.394         £167.05    
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 19:48:53 PM by lindacarl »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf