Author Topic: an interesting tale...........  (Read 8923 times)

Offline kizkucuk

an interesting tale...........
« on: December 09, 2011, 13:59:57 PM »
I was talking to someone today in Calis who is trying to sell their property.  They have been told by a "friend" that the law regarding the sale of property has changed and that because she is English she cannot sell directly to another English person - she has been taken to meet a Turkish Solicitor who has told her that the tapu will have to be transferred into a Turkish persons name and then it can be sold to a foreigner.  The Turksih Solicitor has kindly offered to have the Tapu in their name.    

My response was - what a load of b... sh.....!   She assures me it's true - I've told her to get proper advice and warned her that if she changes the tapu into someone elses name the property will no longer belong to her. She assures me she has no choice.  

I smell a really big rat!  Am I right?  Is this a scam? or have I just missed something and it's all above board?

Offline Eric

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 14:22:25 PM »
Sounds like a scam to me.  She should not do this until she has definate proof, and not just from this Solicitor.  She needs to speak to Sule.  She is on the road to losing her property me thinks.

Offline amca

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 14:24:37 PM »
I smell fish !

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 14:35:55 PM »

Here comes another "They conned me and I lost everything" story.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 14:43:20 PM »
scam

Offline ceni

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 15:05:39 PM »
Tell your friend to tell her so called "Friend" to go forth and multiply. If she'd like this in Turkish, pm me and then nothing will get lost in translation   :)

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 15:20:28 PM »
I told her it was a scam - she's very trusting - hopefully she listened to me.  It was just after I got home the little voice in my head said - what if it's true?  Didn't think it was but thought I would check. I'm not even convinced the Solicitor is a Solicitor - she tells me that they asked for 12000 lira to change her tapu into her sons name.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 15:50:26 PM »
At 12,000 tl, presuming she's being quoted 3% prpperty tax, that assumes that the property is worth IRO 400,000 tl or roughly £150k.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 16:53:23 PM »
If, as we all suspect, it's a scam then it's not an isolated case as I know someone who has  recently bought a property from a German guy and was told that his tapu would be have to be registered in the name of a Turkisk national, which he has done.:(

Offline hoops man

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 16:54:31 PM »
scam

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf