Author Topic: power attorney  (Read 3108 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
power attorney
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:24:59 AM »
As said in my last topic my friends are still waiting for the paper work from the army it is now 5 months ,what i want to know is, there solicitor is also their power of attorney can they get another power of attorney they are not happy with him ,plus he doesnt speak english ,i know they will have to pay again but is it possible thanks .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: power attorney
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 10:42:20 AM »
Someone else can be power of attorney - but assuming that the solicitor is also the person making the application (as well as being their power of attorney) you would also need someone to start the application again. But yes, it can be done.

5 months does sound like the process wasn't started at the time of purchase agreement - I know of several that were sold less than 5 months ago and the process was completed weeks ago. However, if they start from scratch now, it will take 2-3 months from now, whereas there is always the possibility that the original paperwork might be completed tomorrow or next week (or next year).

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:39:09 PM »
Crikey Scunner, ever the optimist I see

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »
As said in my last topic my friends are still waiting for the paper work from the army it is now 5 months ,what i want to know is, there solicitor is also their power of attorney can they get another power of attorney they are not happy with him ,plus he doesnt speak english ,i know they will have to pay again but is it possible thanks .

Hi Lance, they should ask their lawyer for the Application Ref Number of the MC.  Then they/you can check when/if it was applied for or, you may find it sat there waiting to be collected.  If your friends want to give their POA to someone else, they should cancel the exisiting POA or it could still be used by the holder.

It's better to have an expiry date included on the POA or they will need to cancel it again when their purchase is complete, to be on the safe-side.  It's also easier if the lawyer speaks competent English.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf