Author Topic: Airport Hotels - Gatwick  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Airport Hotels - Gatwick
« on: September 23, 2009, 21:16:51 PM »
Have any CBF's ever stayed at any of the hotels near to Gatwick?
Our 1st train of the day is pushing it a bit for check in, duty free shopping etc, so thinking about going up the night before, wondered if anyone can recommend a hotel that does not cost loads!
Thanks in advance.

Offline julesbob0303

Airport Hotels - Gatwick
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 22:03:48 PM »
Hi Karen, we stayed in the Travelodge at Gatwick a couple of years ago.  It's very basic, but the room was clean and it was really cheap.

It was late October when we stayed there, and the room was quite cold, but apart from that, it was fine (a great view of the runway, to build up your excitement for your holiday!  :D By the way, the room was sound-proofed so didn't hear a single plane all night!!)

Hope you find something!   :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 22:05:11 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline mibur

Airport Hotels - Gatwick
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 23:44:17 PM »
Hi Karennina,
don't know when you are travelling but try this link www.threeacresgatwick.co.uk they offer very good rates (far cheaper than any other b&b or hotels in the area) Haven't used them myself yet but have booked for end of October. They are very quick in replying to any requests about your booking. They also have on site parking if you want to park your car there at VERY reasonable rates.
hope this helps
mibur

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Airport Hotels - Gatwick
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 03:04:42 AM »
I discovered recently that you can now book into some Glasgow airport hotels through airmiles.
If you do Tesco clubcard points it is worth looking at that to save some money on an exta like a hotel.
I was going to use one but dithered too much on the decision and it was too late:(

Offline scottishcouple

Airport Hotels - Gatwick
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »
Hi try this website,they do hotels right next to the airport, or ones that can do transfers as well. (sometimes the transfers might not be free)
www.holidayextras.co.uk
We always use them to stay at the Holiday inn at Glasgow Airport the night before we fly out. They are good to deal with as once we booked the wrong night(booked the date we were flying out instead- duh!), only found this out when we tried to check in, called Holidayextras and it was changed right away at no charge.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf