Author Topic: Advance Passenger Infomation  (Read 5473 times)

Offline foreverblue

Advance Passenger Infomation
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 06:46:54 AM »
Hi Everybody, am booked to go to Manchester on 15th Feb. Been on Thomas Cook website, under the heading of API, it says the API is being phased in by destination. Turkey, does not begin until 1st April 2010. I think the 20th Jan, is the date you can give your details, if your booking is made for the period of flying after 1st April. I think that's right.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »
I rang Thomas Cook yesterday and was told the information is now on the printable tickets and there is a link you can go to from the ticket to give the information required. I said it was not on my ticket and the girl told me that they had just started putting it on them this week.  She did say that everyone will get a letter with information about this new measure, but it may be just as well to go back into the website and have a look at tickets.

Offline joan

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 12:27:12 PM »
Our daughter booked with Aegean,she has rang them and they have said it will be available online in February and they will inform people.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 12:48:10 PM »
O.K. been to the Thomas Cook API information and got this from their website:

E-Borders information: From 20th January 2010, bookings created that are due to depart the UK from 1st February onwards, please be aware of the following:
For entry to Dalaman, you must provide Advanced Passenger Information between 3 months and 7 days before departure.
Please click the link, or go to www.thomascookairlines.co.uk to enter your details.
You will need passport and flight details for all passengers. Failure to comply with all requirements may result in delays, refused boarding or denied entry to the country you are entering. The final decision on entry is determined by Border Authorities. Click here for entry information: www.fco.gov.uk.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:48:30 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline foreverblue

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 15:16:57 PM »
Hi Jacqui, as I'm flying to the UK from Turkey on the 15th Feb, I'm obviously very nervous now, as I keep looking at the Thomas Cook website which is informing passengers that, the API is being "phased" in and Turkey is one of the countries which don't come into the API scheme until 1st April. The only mention of the 20th Jan, is to inform passengers, they can do the API information, and I only assume this applies to bookings made for and after the 1st April.  That link, keeps taking me to a shopping site, to see whether I wish to pay for a particular seat, and to order bottles of champagne on the return flight. No mention of API details.

Offline jonuzumlu

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 15:30:07 PM »
I have just confirmed a booking with Thomas Cook and was informed info not required for Turkey - UK flights prior to April !st 2010

Offline foreverblue

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 15:37:15 PM »
Thank You jonuzumlu, was getting a little bit worried. I thought I had read the article correctly, and now You've confirmed I had. Thank you once again, everybody else, please take note.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 16:21:15 PM »
Hi foreverblue, if you click into the link  for Thomas Cook and then look on the right hand side for API it will take you to a page where you can put in your flight details and it will come up with the form you need to fill in.  I can say I emailed flythomascook and they rang me back and told me the information was required for Turkey and they gave me this link to go to.  I am flying after April, but you will see from the information it says February onwards.  I can only tell you what I have been told.  It's better to be safe than sorry.

Offline foreverblue

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 16:58:07 PM »
Hi Jacqui, thank you for that. You are quite right about better to be safe than sorry. I have been on that page, numerous times today. They request, flight ref no. my surname and departure date. It then asks for Flight codes and departure dates, then I end up on a page, with the airplane seating plan, I decline that as I'm not bothered where I sit, as I'm on my own, I then end up being asked if I want champagne etc.. No where is it asking me for my passport number.  Please help me, as I'm now at a loss where to go next.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 17:47:45 PM »
If I where you I would give them a ring and put your mind at rest.  Number is 0844 855 0515.  Or you can email them on CUST@thomascook.com.   Ring them early in the morning, as they work 9 to 5 and they get busy during the day.
Good luck.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf