Author Topic: Advance Passenger Infomation  (Read 5472 times)

Offline brianthegardener

Advance Passenger Infomation
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 18:57:05 PM »
strange how BMO6  decided, as third person, to respond to this topic decided to take the "P" out of the Fethiye Times article and me for posting this article and link to Fethiye Times web site on this matter that is of interest to all travelers to Turkiye..looks like many of the airlines ARE NOW wanting the API infomation  at PRESENT.

Offline BM06

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 21:07:35 PM »
Brian what are you on? how was i taking the P? i had traveled that day back to Turkey and it is not  required at the moment,as the article does not mention the date i just responded the first hand information for the forum users not to panic just yet, please stop shouting it does not suit you and by the way my post was the first to respond, may i suggest you take more water with what ever you are on.

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 06:42:22 AM »
Its now inforce...read the article head line BM06...many people are all ready having to supply the infomation when they book there flights, as people on this topic have already stated.

This ive also copied from another forum site...hope this helps..The following is an extract from an email

This is an extract from the Fly Thomas Cook website

From 20th January 2010, bookings created that are due to depart the UK from 1st February onwards, please be aware of the following:

For entry to Dalaman, you must provide Advanced Passenger Information between 3 months and 7 days before departure.

When you complete your booking, please go to Thomas Cook Airlines to enter your details.

You will need passport and flight details for all passengers. Failure to comply with all requirements may result in delays, refused boarding or denied entry to the country you are entering. The final decision on entry is determined by Border Authorities. Click here for entry information: British Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) Home.

(Please note If you have only just booked please allow 48 hours before entering your API details in order to allow your booking to download to our system)
Go onto Thomas Cook Airlines
Click onto Advance passenger Information ( This is on the first page of our website it is the 3rd white box down on the right hand side)
Fill out details Last name, Departure Date and Booking reference (This is your holiday or flight Booking reference) Example- T123456K, LZ4CGL- These may vary depending on your Tour operator,
Check the flight details match yours then click on Enter Security data ( First green box on right hand side) - If this box dose not show then we are yet to receive your booking download so please try again in a few days.
This will then ask for all the passengers on the booking passport details and General information regarding full names and age.

If this fails to work please email us back with full contact details, full booking details and we will contact you ASAP or Call our team on 0844 855 0515,
Before emailing us Please read the below to check you need to add API information for your destination and time frames that this can be done in.

If travelling to any of the following destinations after the 1st February 2010 you can enter your details no earlier then 3 months before you are due to depart

Goa
Gambia
Maldives
Kenya
Mexico
Taba,Egypt

If travelling to any of the following destinations after the 1st April 2010 you can enter your details no earlier then 3 months before you are due to depart but not before the 20th January 2010

Greece
Turkey
Italy
Egypt
Bulgaria
Costa de Almeria
Costa Doradais helps..

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:04:53 AM by brianthegardener »

Offline BM06

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 09:06:22 AM »
Yes Brian, they have to if traveling after the 1st of April so its not in force at the moment, which the FT article implied i just confirmed that it was not in force yet! and clearly stated in my 1st post that it may be some time in the future, so i ask the question again how was i taking the P ?

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 09:37:02 AM »
not getting into an argument with you ...acording to fethiye times title on the subject    it say.."E-Border Controls to Turkey now in Force " as its title to the article.

Also the fly thomas cook site says bookings from 20 th january are subject to API....its past 20th so one now assumes its in force.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 09:40:18 AM »
What's the problem here?

As far as I can tell this isn't actually in force yet but no doubt will be at some stage this year. I'm sure everyone who needs to complete it will be told when they book or afterward if appropriate. I don't think BM06 was extracting the P in any way.

As I said in my first post - it's no big deal. I've flown a lot over the last year and have been supplying this info when I book or just after. It takes 5 minutes max!

Offline BM06

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 11:10:58 AM »
Thanks stoop, that was the point i was getting at where did i take the P? i was just pointing out that it was not in force yet and forum users had no need to panic as i had traveled that day, but so be it, obviously Brian took it personal but for the life of me i just do not understand how and where.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 11:48:07 AM »
Brian ,I fly to Dalaman in the next few days and have tried to enter details with Thomas Cook,however if you press the help button it quite clearly says all customers departing to Turkey after 1st April contary to what they have on their main website.Hope this clears it up.

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 11:52:27 AM »
thank you for that infomation,ronzeus...we can now all rest peacefully now.

Offline BM06

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 12:18:39 PM »
SO then Brian when are you going to explain where i took the P in any of my posts,surly if you accuse someone of something personally it would have been nice to answer their question out of courtesy if nothing else.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf