Author Topic: Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!  (Read 5156 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 09:31:03 AM »
In truth I guess most airline staff turn a blind eye to drunks as it's such a major job to offload them and remove baggage etc. I guess cost comes into it over safety. However at the other end they should be made to suffer. Maybe a fixed penalty fine would deter them. £100 would be a lot of Efes!

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 09:40:52 AM »
Hillside & stoop,
These men had been drinking before boarding and throughout the flight they became progressively noisier and rowdier.
They had not been obviously drunk on boarding.
The cabin crew asked them to behave repeatedly but were ignored.
I was seated about a dozen rows in front of them so could not see exactly what was going on although I could hear everything.
I was told later by another passenger that they were drinking their duty free out of sight of the cabin crew.
After these men were told that the police would meet them on landing they quickly quietened down and when led off the aircraft were very subdued.
They were on my return flight and were very quiet.
I believe they each received a 70 lire fixed penalty fine and had some form of endorsement on their visa.
The crew acted correctly in the circumstances and in the best interest of the other passengers.
No blame could be attached to the cabin crew or airline the situation was caused by 6 men who simply did not know how to behave themselves.

Offline june

Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
Stu and I have flown with Onur quite a few times and to be honest it has been cheap and okay,  basically we know that the food and drink on board is a ridulous price so dont buy it, we take what we want on board ourselves, I have to say that the crew leave a lot to be desired on the Customer Service front.....but hey its a few hours flight to our favorite place so we can live with it.

We flew with Saga airlines (Turkish)  in May, apart from the fact that the plane looked a bit of a knacker!!!!.....the flights were reasonable and the food and drink not as expensive as Onur but the crew were quite nice as well!.......and it was a good flight....

At the end of the day we can talk endlessly on every airline but there will always be something, even the most expensive airlines are not great all the time.

Offline true blue

Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 09:18:20 AM »
I totally agree with you June,its a means to an end.Like everything if you want quality you have to expect to pay for it but a long as the plane lands at Dalaman safe and sound I dont give a monkeys.

Offline friar tuck

Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 09:42:51 AM »
I also have got to agree with June and John H I have used Onur twice this year and again in September have booked my flights with them for next year saving a whopping £110 on this yeras price, at the end of the day it is about money and you get what you pay for, if you want free drinks films etc then go with the big boys but it will mean you have less money to spend on Efes in a place you love.
 :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 22:54:38 PM »
Here, here, you've hit the nail on the head FT :D A man of my heart :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 23:19:46 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me just how many "shell-suited, chain-smoking, bling dripping travellers, and their under-age offspring, get tanked up in Glasgow airport and how often I hear last calls for them because they are "having a pint" and are going to damned well finish it before they condescend to board their flight.

Two points though, they are not all Glaswegians, but equally, I am sure that members throughout the country can give identical examples at their airport.

Offline cheers

Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 23:49:20 PM »
Thought it was only Scousers who wore shell suits, they can't afford the Bling tho!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2010, 01:10:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by friar tuck

I also have got to agree with June and John H I have used Onur twice this year and again in September have booked my flights with them for next year saving a whopping £110 on this yeras price, at the end of the day it is about money and you get what you pay for, if you want free drinks films etc then go with the big boys but it will mean you have less money to spend on Efes in a place you love.

Yes it seems you certainly 'get what you pay for'

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2010, 17:04:08 PM »
nah Cheers, we ditched the shellsuits years ago....we just set the trends and the rest of the county follows suit!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf