Author Topic: rain transfers (unreliable)  (Read 5827 times)

Offline Jenny1

rain transfers (unreliable)
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 08:30:32 AM »
I usually use Resorthoppa but have booked Rain for Sept getting a bit worried now! Saying that, Resorthoppa were half hour late picking me up from Pelin being on my own I started to panic, i rang them, they confirmed my pick up time, when I pointed out that was half hour ago and was it norm to be this late, American girl drawled, I'm not sure! Helpful-NOT!

Offline cinders

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 14:03:08 PM »
We have used Oscar travel for ourselves and our friends,they do drop off and pick up in Uzumlu, they telephoned to confirm pickup, nice drivers, felt safe and not too costly (when shared travel) Have not been let down by them YET!!!
C  :)

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 20:57:52 PM »
I have had a really good experience with Rain - I had to book to to go to the Uk at very short notice - late Thursday night flying on Saturday afternoon - I rang A2B on Friday and various others and was told I couldn't book with less than 48 hours notice.  I rang Rain on Saturday at 10am and they collected me from a hotel just round the corner from my apartment at 12.45 - nice driver and clean vehicle - stopped and got us water on the way too.  Went on line last Wednesday to book the return pick up for Sunday and couldn't work out how to fill in the form for one way so I emailed - Dilek in the Fethiye office did the booking for me and emailed me back with a reference and instructions about where to go in Dalaman.  It was the same driver last night and he dropped me at my front door and carried my case in - I landed at 8.20pm and was at home in Calis before 10.30pm - am more than happy with the service I received and will use them again.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 11:47:57 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

am more than happy with the service I received and will use them again.

Good luck with that one.. I admire your confidence, hope you don't travel alone.:(

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 13:36:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

quote:

Good luck with that one.. I admire your confidence, hope you don't travel alone.:(

Have you used them Jacqui?  
Like Kizkucuk we have and they did not let us down, polite courteous drivers, we had door to door pickup and drop off on both journeys, paid in cash £' or TL accepted either at the collection point Dalaman and end of the Journey Dalaman.  
like I said previous the first time they do (like any of the other companies) it will be the last.

Offline amca

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 16:16:21 PM »
Only used Rain once from DLM to Fethiye.
No problems whatsoever.  Door to door, courteous and punctual.
Like Loz, the first time it goes badly wrong will be the last time Rain gets the business but until then ......

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 18:00:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by loz

quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

quote:

Have you used them Jacqui?  
Like Kizkucuk we have and they did not let us down, polite courteous drivers, we had door to door pickup and drop off on both journeys, paid in cash £' or TL accepted either at the collection point Dalaman and end of the Journey Dalaman.  
like I said previous the first time they do (like any of the other companies) it will be the last.

No, I have not used them.  I use Fethiye Lovers.  However, as I see it your way of thinking is...  Amanda's daughter had a terrible experience with them, but I will wait until I have one before I stop using them!   As I say Good Luck with that  :o

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 06:01:52 AM »
Amanda this sounds like an awful experience and the last thing that you want to be running around and sorting out at

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 10:09:56 AM »
bl** dy pillocks !! is all i can say.they dropped her off so someone deffinately knew where it was.my friend is arriving with them today(had already booked) so we'll see how we go on this time!as i said in my first post,always handy to have a taxi number available as well.And!! i might just go down and have a word with the driver if i catch him!!!

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »
I have always used Resorthoppa for my transfers and never had a problem, so why I opted to try this company I will never know!
I arrived arrived at Dalaman at 6.10pm and was outside with case at 6.25, brilliant, I thought.
Partner waiting for me at Oykun, I rung him and said he SHOULD expect me at approx 7.45ish?
I arrived at hotel at 9.10pm and only 1 drop off at Tuana!
When I went to the Rain desk, u was told bus will be here in 20 mins, 35 mins later I asked where my bus was and was told another 5 mins.
All in all I waited about an hour and a half as we had to wait for the next flight to land.
I know this happens, and appreciate they are not going to take just me to hotel, but the fact that there was no apology or explanations made me angry!
I was going to cancel return with them but thought that as I had already paid, I may as well leave it as nothing can go wrong.
How wrong can you be?
They wanted to pick me up at 1.20am Friday for my 8.30am flight? Not a chance!
I emailed them to cancel and have now booked Resorthoppa for my return.
Lesson learnt-Stick with who you know!! :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf