Author Topic: Onur air  (Read 4664 times)

Offline artie

Onur air
« on: January 12, 2011, 16:21:50 PM »
I have been trying to book a reasonable priced flight for september from manchester to dalaman.
I saw a flight from aegean flights with onur air and has i have not flown with this airline wondered what they were like.Any comments would be helpful.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Onur air
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 16:56:51 PM »
Onur Air are the Marmite of aviation on here artie. All I can say is I have flown with them as much as anyone else and I have never had a problem.

Offline spencer family

Onur air
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 18:03:50 PM »
We also have flown with them lots of times, five last year alone and have booked with them for this year through to October, no problems to talk about, we have had our flight times changed but nothing to drastic!!

Offline hillside

Onur air
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 18:12:24 PM »
I'm of the hate it brigade! They take your money months in advance and at very short notice, cancel flights, change the days and departure airports without a thought. We have many guests staying at our apartment and nearly all that have booked with Onur Air phone me in a panic to see if they can change their accomodation to fit in with amended flights. Folk travelling from Manchester don't seem to get as much disruption as those travelling from Gatwick and Scotland. Add to that your departure time from Dalaman will be some 9 hours earlier than with a UK airline and not being part of EU regulations if theres a problem you're 'on your own' I haven't touched them in years!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Onur air
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 18:54:47 PM »
I agree with Hillside. Not worth the savings to me. Flew with them by mistake last year as we booked through A1 travel and didn't know until it was too late.

Cheap - yes - but if you have to travel on the date you want to travel then it's a big risk.

Offline heatherhanum

Onur air
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 18:57:47 PM »
Never had a problem with them.

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Onur air
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 19:00:01 PM »
We have been using them for a few years and have June & September flights booked for this year. They do change flight times but in our case only by a matter of hours so no great problem. Have had worse treatment from some of the bigger names in the business and charged twice Onur Airs prices. If you can book early there are real savings with them but I noticed as time goes by their prices increase to the level of EU operators.

Offline grahamturner09

Onur air
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 19:19:04 PM »
I have used them three times and every time the flight times have been changed from midday to late evening or middle of the night and from weekend to weekday you book well in advance for good flight times and by the time you fly they have been changed twice.:(

Offline Steve A

Onur air
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 19:23:48 PM »
Iam sure if you search on Aegean and Onur you will get loads of reviews good and bad.Personally I have used them 2-3 times per year for 4 yrs and not a problem.My family and friends also use them every year,not a problem.The only thing that we have had is because we book a year in advance to get good deals we are subject to changes in flight times but these have always been within a few hours of the original,so again not a problem

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Onur air
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 19:48:30 PM »
Used them once 5 years ago, never again.   Arrived at the Airport for return flight, it had been cancelled with no notice to any passengers.  The next flight was scheduled for 3 days time!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf