Author Topic: Onur air  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Chinook

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 19:50:49 PM »
quote:
Onur Air are the Marmite of aviation on here artie

I've never found Onur Air wonderful unlike  Marmite

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Onur air
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 20:30:36 PM »
If you can get Onurair flights cheap its worth taking a chance.They do have a tendancy to change flight times/dates so you may need to be flexible on that. :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Onur air
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 20:37:10 PM »
used them loads never had any major probs, yes they do tend to change flight times and sometimes airports but we now always reconfirm our return flight once in resort, never used to bother doing this but think it is better to be safe then sorry. I must admit I do find their planes to be boiling hot the last few times I have flown with them everyone was moaning about the heat the little blower things made hardly any difference think that is why they hand out a "complimentry"sealed wet wipe on boarding so you can wipe yourself down with during the flight!

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Onur air
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 22:37:20 PM »
I booked three holidays for 2011 flying with Onur Air through Aegean back in April 2010. Average price over the three around £140.
This week I've been bombarded with e mails and phone calls from Aegean with changes. Some good and some bad but in our case all just about tolerable.

MCR-DAL 11:00 Mon 9th May becomes 09:00 Sun 8th May
DAL-MAN 17:55 Mon 6th June becomes 16:30 same day.

MAN-DAL 11:00 Fri 1st July unchanged
DAL-MAN 17:55 Mon 25th July becomes 05:30 Sun 24th July

MAN-DAL 11:00 Mon 12th Sept becomes 20:30 Mon 12th Sept
DAL-MAN 17:55 mon 3rd Oct becomes 17:00 same day.

This is all caused by them trying to fit in an extra Monday flight before they knew of slot availability or customer response.
You will see that my changes just about balance out in terms of time gained/lost. We are lucky to have the flexibility and our own apartment but I can well imagine the problems that some people will have :-\
If there are no more changes then I will probably use them in 2012. The only competition on price is Easy Jet who I will not give the time of day  ;) As AOK said it's worth taking a chance if you can book early and get the flights cheap but you DO need flexibility  8)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 00:56:35 AM by kenkay »

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
Onur air
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 07:24:52 AM »
Never really had any more problems with Onur than any other airline!

Does that put me in the "like" pile??

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Onur air
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 10:29:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by scareylady

Never really had any more problems with Onur than any other airline!

Does that put me in the "like" pile??

No - the 'Lucky' pile ;)

Offline lynnj

Onur air
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 13:28:22 PM »
We fly from Manchester and I was in the like pile as any changes over last 4 years had been minor time changes (same as done by other airlines especially Thomas Cook).

Then, this week we had had our flight on Mon teatime 2 May moved to 05.30 Sun morning - 2 days lost.:( On the plus side we were offered options of full refund or refund just for amended flight so we have rebooked return flight with another airline.

Like Ken if there are no more changes, we'll be using them again.

Offline hillside

Onur air
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 15:50:29 PM »
Offering you a refund isn't the answer though is it? They've received many months interest on money paid them in good faith. On this occassion you received a fair amount of notice but they are also likely to make changes much nearer the departure date. People end up paying far more booking then than they would have last year when other airlines released their flights.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Onur air
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 16:28:15 PM »
We have used them many times over the years, with minor changes here and there that we have been happy to accept.  However, receiving a phone call, as we were getting in the taxi to go to stansted (35 minutes away) and being told that the flight is now going from Gatwick (2.5 hours away), left us with rather a different view on things.  We were offered no alternative and no compensation for the additional transfer costs.   It was only by sheer luck that we had a driver that knew how to put his foot down and some very good flowing traffic that we ever made the plane....no sorries, nothing [:(!]The return flight was also into Gatwick, arriving 24 hours earlier than the original, so we lost a days holiday and spent a fortune on taxis.  We had specifically booked a year early to ensure we had a stansted flight and paid a premium for stansted too if I remember.....[:(!][:(!]

Offline amanda bullock

Onur air
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »
lynnj>>> we are on the same flight as you on that sunday as well which means we have lost nearly 2 days of the holiday but i still thought it better than not going at all.I've used onur and Pegasus a lot over the years and this is the biggest change we've ever had.This is the price you pay for booking early for a cheaper flight i think.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf