Author Topic: Onur air  (Read 4661 times)

Offline suec

Onur air
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 09:10:59 AM »
We have flown with them once , no problems quite a pleasant flight .
Would fly with them again .

Offline artie

Onur air
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 18:15:23 PM »
if i book through Aegean flights are we fully covered if the airline goes bust? just wondered with it being a turkish airline what guarantees are in place.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Onur air
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 22:12:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by artie

if i book through Aegean flights are we fully covered if the airline goes bust? just wondered with it being a turkish airline what guarantees are in place.

They're ABTA and ATOL protected, but what that actually means [?][?]

Offline johnboy1967

Onur air
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 23:21:22 PM »
i've only flown with them once, but its the only flight i;ve been on that people clapped when the plane landed in one piece.......

Offline cheers

Onur air
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 23:27:33 PM »
Been on a few of them as well Johnboy! :D

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Onur air
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 01:25:21 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by johnboy1967

i've only flown with them once, but its the only flight i;ve been on that people clapped when the plane landed in one piece.......

What was wrong with the flight[?] what was wrong with the aircraft[?] and what is wrong with you[?]

Offline braveheart

Onur air
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 08:33:29 AM »
'Clasping and cheering because Aegean landed safely'! -  Aegean and Onur safety records are equal to any budget airline - why is it that people are so quick to decry the Turkish? - maybe a good inward look at ourselves/themselves is necessary? - for goodness sale get a grip - or better still - stay away from Turkey

Offline dycedon

Onur air
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 09:53:26 AM »
every flight we have been on from glasgow, when the plane lands the pilots always get a round of applause, why, beats me, must be a west coast thing, i await replys.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Onur air
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 10:01:23 AM »
We have found the same, whenever we flew from Glasgow on a package holiday flight a lot of the passengers, who probably fly maybe, once a year are nervous and when we land they clap and cheer.    It's nothing to do with the plane it's the location you fly from.

I also think that Onur Air is a cheap option but everyone knows it's not a reliable one and flights are changed and cancelled all the time, it's like Russian Roulette you take a chance, keep your fingers crossed and hope it will be O.K.  We only had one bad experience with Onur Air, but we made sure it was our first and last.

Offline philrose

Onur air
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 10:30:22 AM »
Onur are the same as any other budget airline to offer the best prices they have to keep their own costs down to a bare minimum so if there are not enough passengers to make a flight viable it gets canceled or moved. As the the saying goes "you get what you pay for".
From personal experience I've found the flight staff always polite and helpful and Onur's planes seem to offer better legroom than the average Thompson/Thomas Cook flight I've been on.
As for the applause on landing it seems to happen on every flight I've been on to and from Cardiff Airport, I half expect them to pass a hat around for a tip for the "driver".:D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:32:03 AM by philrose »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf