Author Topic: Airline advice Jet2 or Onur Air?  (Read 4660 times)

Offline marina

Airline advice Jet2 or Onur Air?
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 12:26:38 PM »
Can't really comment on Onur Air as I've never used them.  But with Jet 2, even though their baggage charges are pretty horrendous, it is a very generous allowance both for hand luggage and checked in bags.  We've flown with Jet2 on a few occasions and not had any problems.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 14:19:33 PM »
I would use Onur Air every time as I get three holidays per year for the price of two with Jet2. As others have said Onur are very prone to changes but, fortunately, I can be very flexible :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 16:19:05 PM »
The second time we came out to Calis we used Onur Air. After one week we got to the Airport and there was no plane.  The next flight, we were told was in three days time.  We were lucky we had our villa to return to.  We have never used Onur again, no matter how cheap they are it's not worth it to us, as we both have to be back on time.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 17:30:29 PM »
That's the crux of it really - if you are OK changing times/dates and/or even airports and want the cheapest option then Onur are the ones. I've used both and to be honest our Onur flights were OK and took off and landed as we expected. Jet 2 I have used a few times and never had a problem. They do seem to be pricier now though.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 17:49:46 PM »
Can't comment, haven't stayed at either ;)

Offline amca

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 17:51:15 PM »
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}40727

Offline mary anne

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 18:15:17 PM »
Hi haven't posted for a while but always love to read all the advice and comments from our members.
In the six years we have had our apartment we have probably used Onur about 15 times. In the main they have been fine no complaints . Until this year that is, flights changed by up to three days ect. Usually flights from Glasgow have been on a Saturday evening but currently May/June they are going out Saturday coming back Tuesday , which in our case has now changed to a Thursday . This turns what was a two week holiday into almost three weeks. Not a problem but it uses up more precious annual leave earlier in the year than I bargained for.I don't want to cancel as we go the flights really reasonably ,I think about £140 return. However this year when the flights come out I think we will think seriously if it is worth the hassle for next year. So if changes and inconvenience are not an issue for you I would say go for Onur otherwise steer well clear!

Offline miss pentyouth

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 19:08:04 PM »
Hi, I'm now concerned as I have booked to return in September with Onur. If they cancel and change your flight do you have to pay extra for the new flight?  Also, do the cancellations usually occur out of season more than in season? thanks

Offline amca

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 21:52:29 PM »
Usually do not charge extra  ......... and offer you your money back if you prefer, without paying a cancellation fee!!!!

Offline miss pentyouth

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 05:49:16 AM »
Thanks Anna, will have to wait until September and see now! Think I will go for one of the bigger companies next time, save the worry!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf