Author Topic: Airline advice Jet2 or Onur Air?  (Read 4655 times)

Offline tony jenkins

Airline advice Jet2 or Onur Air?
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
We flew with Onur last year and had no problems at all.

Offline suehugh

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 13:49:39 PM »
We have used Jet 2 for the last couple of years, and we havent had any problems with them, they left on time, which is more than most of the other airlines had delays. I would say very reliable but they are not that cheap.:D:D
sue

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 14:59:15 PM »
We have used Onur 3 times each time having flight times/days changed, using them again in september from Edinburgh and Iam expecting them to change this to a Glasgow departure, for some reason I have a gut feeling about.If they do this then I will just take a refund of money , hence no hotel booked yet for this year.I hold my breath[:(!]

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 18:45:48 PM »
Have never used Jet2 so cant comment. have used Onur Air many times and on the whole have been lucky apart from any December flights I have booked with them my arrival airport always seems to get changed from Dalaman to Bodrum but this could be more to do with the fact Dalaman seems to offer very limited flights in December. Flew with Onur Air last week outward journey got away with 18 kilos of luggage and no weighing of hand luggage this is pure luck I think as to who is on the check in desk, tho dont believe we would have got away with it had it been Thomas Cook. Both flights were on time and we only had a slight change of 10 minutes to both flights. No body clapped on take off but they did when we landed Friday night :D 8)

Offline Groovegal

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 10:26:54 AM »
I thought clapping on flights was a very American thing, whats the clapping all about? lol

Offline hillside

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 19:15:00 PM »
I've never seen it in the States - people are too busy turning on their mobile phones as soon as the wheels touch down - on Onur Air I think its because they're grateful & amazed that the pilots manage to land such cr*p planes safely

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 00:44:38 AM »
Val Hills, Watford, UK. Can you please enlarge on why the aircraft are crap and tell us your qualifications for making this libellous statement [?][:(!]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 00:47:25 AM by kenkay »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 10:23:11 AM »
Here's the reason I won't fly with them again. Too many reviews like this one.. and we have to get back for work:

Dalaman - Newcastle 2010 : flight was changed 4 times between 3rd August and 10th Sept. Finally, 3 days into our holiday we were voicemailed on our mobile to be informed that our flight home had been cancelled, leaving us to purchase a suitable alternative. This caused enormous expense and distress. When we got to Dalaman Airport for our flight home (with a different airline), we found that our original flight was in fact flying. I would not recommend this airline, and would never use them again. They seem very disorganised and have no customer care.

However - as I stated above - if you can afford to risk the possibility of major changes/cancellation/flying home to a different airport, then you will probably get a cheaper flight - if you book well in advance.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:23:28 AM by stoop »

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 13:10:41 PM »
Completely understand your point of view Stoop and in your position mine would be the same. I don't like statements such as Hillside's as they do absolutely no good. Of the 6,000 members on here probably 20% fly with Onur Air. Of them a further 10% probably hate flying and only "tolerate" it to visit the country they love. How will such a crass, ill-informed statement make them feel[?]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 13:25:40 PM »
I must agree, Onur planes are no different from what I have experienced to any other airline - some a bit tired and some that look pretty new. Jet2 are *exactly* the same, some old some very new indeed by the look of them. The best plane I was ever on was when I used to go to Dubai - an Emirates plane that was brand new and full of bells and indeed whistles. The worst plane I was ever on was about 3 weeks later - a right old banger, guess who's plane that was...an Emirates flight to Dubai.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf