Author Topic: Am I off my head?  (Read 1693 times)

Offline citywire

Am I off my head?
« on: July 25, 2011, 13:18:57 PM »
Over the past few months I have been looking at flights from Aberdeen to Dalaman in October with Thomas Cook.  I kept thinking that the price would come down from about £1300 for the 4 of us.  Going from Edinburgh or Glasgow was only £200 cheaper and not worth the hassle, fuel and overnight stay.

Last night I decided just to pay it and be done with it !   With bag allowance that came to £1400. :o :o :o I had another look today and you can't book the return flight now.  It is not available, so it must be full and I took the last few seats.:D

So my question is - paying £1400 for return flights to Turkey in October for 4, am I off my head?

Offline tony jenkins

Am I off my head?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 14:03:49 PM »
Yes, but what can you do  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Am I off my head?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 14:26:42 PM »
We make the journey from Aberdeen to Dalaman twice every year.  The flights are always booked up early and there is never anything avaiable to buy in July for flights for the next couple of months at cheap prices.  Please be aware if you live in this area the price will never go down and they disappear overnight.  It's because there is only T.C. flying from Aberdeen with no competition.
If you can, book for next year now.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Am I off my head?
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 17:48:58 PM »
Had we waited till the last minute in June we could have saved a fortune. So late flights are sometimes available.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Am I off my head?
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 20:40:17 PM »
and sometimes they're not.  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Am I off my head?
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 20:44:52 PM »
Take a look at the T.C. website and try to find a flight going to Dalaman in the near future.  I know because my daughter was thinking of another visit, but there is nothing available not even from Edinburgh.
A last minute cancellation is the only hope at the moment.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Am I off my head?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 21:03:18 PM »
Not sure definition of "near future" but flights available late August.

Also Fri 05 - Fri 19 August from Glasgow.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 23:22:25 PM by Highlander »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Am I off my head?
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 08:19:23 AM »
Were any of those flights of interest Jacqui.

Flights still available from Glasgow on 05, 07 and 08 August returning 18, 19 21, 23 or 25.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Am I off my head?
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »
My daughter is trying to find a flight from Aberdeen as with a baby it's a long journey, first get to the Airport at Aberdeen two hours in the Airport four and a half hours on the plane then about another two hours until Calis.
Going from Glasgow means at least another three hours to get to the Airport.  She has thought of them stopping off at her Mother in Law's in Fife, and will do that for Edinburgh or Glasgow if they cannot get a flight from Aberdeen.  It seems just as expensive from Glasgow or Edinburgh as flying from Aberdeen.
Thanks anyway John, it's kind of you to look for us.  I know she is checking all the websites everyday.

Offline citywire

Am I off my head?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 13:38:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

We make the journey from Aberdeen to Dalaman twice every year.  The flights are always booked up early and there is never anything avaiable to buy in July for flights for the next couple of months at cheap prices.  Please be aware if you live in this area the price will never go down and they disappear overnight.  It's because there is only T.C. flying from Aberdeen with no competition.
If you can, book for next year now.

Thanks Jacqui.  We do try to book early, in fact we had already booked for summer next year via Glasgow with Aegean but those flights were only £700 for the 4 of us, so happy to go to Glasgow for that price.   As you say there is no competition.....yet !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf