Author Topic: Antalya Airport from Fethiye  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Antalya Airport from Fethiye
« on: September 08, 2011, 08:07:57 AM »
Hi - just to let people know who may be interested we did this transfer yesterday. As Liz101 said we were able to get the 3am Pammukale Coach from the Otogar (20 YTL each - £14 in total) - we booked 2 days before at their office and there are many other buses going to Antalya from 6am onwards until 9pm (ish) so no shortage of times.

We had numbered seats and the system worked!

Just out of Fethiye they came around with free coffee / juice / biscuits and cake - and again later with water.

We stopped once to stretch our legs for 20 minutes after an hour and again for 10 minutes after 2 and a half hours. Arrived spot on time at 6.15am at Antalya otogar.

Went across to waiting taxis - asked price for airport - he said 50 YTL - I said 35 YTL or I go for Havas bus (this was a bluff) - we agreed 40 YTL (so another £14).

The journey was under 10 km - took 15 minutes but allow 30 mins if you go between 8am and 7pm as it is mainly on the city ring road which will be busy at peak times. It is important you know which terminal you are going to as they are very spread out - I heard one person say that they went to the wrong terminal and it was 15 YTL to get a taxi to the right one.

Anyway - we went to terminal 2 - smooth check in process - let us keep water right up until we went into the boarding gate!

All in all our one way flights from Antalya to Manchester cost us 90 YTL each booked a year ago so it was a decent result and an enjoyable experience.

Ian  :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:10:37 AM by Ian »

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 11:39:43 AM »
Thanks Ian. That's very useful information as we are considering "off season" visits.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 13:19:28 PM »
Ken - that was one of the reasons we decided to do it as we want to come home mid-November next year (after 10+ months  :)) but suspect we will have to go to Antalya to get a Manchester flight.

We were quoted £80 to £100 for a private transfer but this exercise proved there was no need to pay such a price if we used local transport.

Offline daveG

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 15:00:57 PM »
Last winter we did our first flight out of Antalya/Man but combined this with a couple of nights at a 5* hotel finishing with a bit of luxury to our break.
Like you we did a rekki'but in the autumn and stayed in the old town of Antalya.This gave us time to get our bearings and use the local transport.Including the metro system which can be used for the Otogar and drops you in the centre of town.Very fast and efficient.There was talk of an extension of the line to the airport for the future but remember this is Turkey!!
The other tram system which runs along the seafront and finishes at the museum, I think only operates in the tourist season. Certainly recommend a mini break there and as you say Ian only 3-15mins from Fethiye.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 17:06:45 PM »
That's pretty good Ian. The taxis were asking 50TL about 3 years ago and I managed to knock 'em down to 35TL.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 17:18:06 PM »
Alan - that makes me feel very good indeed - he did pause for a second - and I did actually give him a 5 YTL tip as I am a big softy really!!!

Ps He did drive like a maniac so now I know why!!! :D

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 17:52:52 PM »
When we did the trip me and Carole we asked if anyone on the coach was going to the airport and shared the taxi 40tl (yes Ian my dad was a Yorkshire man )Well worth staying a few nights ie Club Sera 5* AI from £16 a night in November.
Mark

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 19:07:38 PM »
Mark - what a brilliant idea - I shall try that next time!!

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
The local bus to the airport takes a slightly scenic route and takes about an hour but was only about 2 lira  - stops at both terminals.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 08:54:04 AM »
Hi - that sounds good - do you know if they run from say 6am?

And do you get the local bus in the Otogar itself and can you take a case on it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf