Author Topic: Thomas Cook  (Read 11732 times)

Offline pstevens

Re: Thomas Cook
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2019, 16:05:45 PM »
Hi all just found out that  condor the german wing of TC is still flying from germany to all over spain turkey ect when i flew out this year with TC the plane was logoed condor and my paperwork was headed condor ,it turns out the german goverment bailed out this part of the group as it was forecasted to have a good  financial outlook,and just another point after many complaints of airlines increasig their prices just because of supply and demand i have been looking to fly bham to dalaman 18 august to 6 september 2020 and the price with a case and seats was £520 single ,i have just checked and guess what the price has now dropped to £480 this was with jet2 ,the same dates with TUI is over £600 just how much longer will this go on and all before brexit takes hold god help the families prices turkey will lose out big time

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2019, 19:40:58 PM »
Condor, legally incorporated as Condor Flugdienst GmbH, is a German leisure airline based in Frankfurt and a subsidiary of the insolvent Thomas Cook Group. They have been given a E380m subsidy by the German government,

Condor has about 50 planes currently in operation and, according to the German government, were a far better bet to put money into than TC. There are also a couple of other German based Thomas Cook offshoot companies that'll continue to trade with customers in Europe and Scandinavia.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2019, 09:56:17 AM »
Hi all just found out that  condor the german wing of TC is still flying from germany to all over spain turkey ect when i flew out this year with TC the plane was logoed condor and my paperwork was headed condor ,it turns out the german goverment bailed out this part of the group as it was forecasted to have a good  financial outlook,and just another point after many complaints of airlines increasig their prices just because of supply and demand i have been looking to fly bham to dalaman 18 august to 6 september 2020 and the price with a case and seats was £520 single ,i have just checked and guess what the price has now dropped to £480 this was with jet2 ,the same dates with TUI is over £600 just how much longer will this go on and all before brexit takes hold god help the families prices turkey will lose out big time

What's Brexit got to do with this? TC has been losing money for years and well before the referendum.

Offline IanK

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2019, 17:40:13 PM »
Bizzare...

Package holiday cheaper than flight only (October dates)....

Ian

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2019, 18:41:38 PM »
Nothing bizarre about it Ian. You often see packages advertised as cheaper than flight only. Many people book the packages and then, on arrival at the destination, tell the rep that they won't be using the hotel but going to their own or friend's properties.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf