Author Topic: Tui not giving refunds  (Read 4736 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Tui not giving refunds
« on: April 17, 2020, 18:12:37 PM »
We paid for a holiday to Ovacik in June.. Looks like it's not going ahead..I am a member of TUI FB group..It isn't the official page but there are some very angry people on there.
Tui are doing all they can not to refund people.. Some have paid £10.000 out.. Now they have announced that they are issuing credit notes.
If you want a financial refund you could be waiting for 12 months.
The lies they have been telling has0 been astounding.
Anyone on here affected?

Offline Ray1951

Re: Tui not giving refunds
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 08:52:19 AM »
Typical TUI, charge excessively high prices for their holidays but do their utmost not to reimburse people who handed their money over to them.  We know the situation at the moment is exceptional BUT TUI have been making huge profits for years.  Now is the time to give people their money back.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 11:37:47 AM »
We were booked for 10 days cruise & stay next month so that has been cancelled. The advice was not to contact them, they'll get to us eventually so I am hoping/assuming they will get around to it eventually.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 11:48:31 AM »
So are you happy with a credit note Scunner?

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 13:20:22 PM »
Lots of companies are offering these 'ATOL protected' credit notes but personally I am very sceptical around their validity should the company go into administration.  Also, we regularly book with TUI and noticed that their future holiday prices appear less keen than in the past so the deals may not be as good if these are accepted. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 13:21:35 PM »
So are you happy with a credit note Scunner?

Definitely not.

I could use it but that's not the point. I didn't pay for it with a credit note so I won't be expecting to get one back. If I have to take a credit note (and I'll fight all the way not to) I'll use it to book my next TUI cruise for next year, also known as my last ever holiday with TUI.

I have to say, Thomson used to be a top company - TUI are a horrible organisation.

Offline Christie

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 14:33:46 PM »
Agree, Keith, thomson were always considered to one of the best travel companies,  but we long ago gave up with them, when we go to Spain in the Winter we book direct with the hotel and book an easyjet flight and cut out Tui , as wouldn't want to give them any money.  They are certainly not the good company they used to be.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 09:21:57 AM »
I was a Thomson Rep and I have to say, they were the best in every way but now that they operate under the TUI banner, standards etc. Have dropped and this is really reflected in their customer service and price structure.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »
I'm reading that jet2 are going to start their flights June 15th..all very well and good,as long as the countries they are flying to are now letting tourists back in.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf