Author Topic: Passenger Locator forms etc  (Read 5243 times)

Offline Steve A

Passenger Locator forms etc
« on: July 23, 2020, 18:56:33 PM »
I have been made aware that everyone entering Turkey must complete a Passenger Locator form we are flying easy jet and I only found out by searching their website.So I have downloaded the forms which I will complete and keep with me whilst travelling.
What do I do with it on arrival ,do I show it at passport control or is it handed to staff on the plane ?
I have also been told that there is a form to complete prior to arrival back in the U.K. but I can only find an online version not downloadable and only able to do it a maximum of 48hrs before arrival,this will be no good for my mother and her elderly companion who do not use the Internet.
Does anyone have experience of recently returning to UK and what is required.

Offline blueclad

Re: Passenger Locator forms etc
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 19:08:11 PM »
I understand that you can download the back to uk form and fill it in BUT the problem is 48 hrs prior to come back to uk  when I think you get a text with a code that has to go on the form my wife does not have a mobile smart phone only a old fashion basic type so we are in a bit of limbo land when we come home, im going to try  im not good at phone tec   to get these forms onto my basic smart phone and as I have 2 g mail accounts il try one for each of us, other option is to get help in calis in our hotel or some where else
if we can, I think this return to uk form is for any return from any country , if I find out more ill post on here  , we go on 23 august

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 22:39:20 PM »
Does it come as a text message (sms)? Most people switch off their roaming when coming to Turkey so how are they supposed to receive a code?

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 08:37:03 AM »
Steve A,

I am travelling to Calis next week, and like you have doing the home work. You have already found the Turkish arrival form so no need to link that, but here is the link for the form back into the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Found on .Gov website.

Hope this helps.  8) 8)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 10:03:08 AM »
Yeah thanks Wasp o that’s the form that I’ve found but my issues are that reading through it appears that this is for Travellers to U.K. not those returning from holiday and how are you meant to complete this whilst abroad if you don’t have internet access as a lot of people don’t.My Mother is elderly,goes to Turkey every year,does not use the internet and wouldn’t have a clue what or how to do this.
I would like to hear from anyone who has returned from Turkey to see what they had to do.

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 10:46:10 AM »
Yeah thanks Wasp o that’s the form that I’ve found but my issues are that reading through it appears that this is for Travellers to U.K. not those returning from holiday and how are you meant to complete this whilst abroad if you don’t have internet access as a lot of people don’t.My Mother is elderly,goes to Turkey every year,does not use the internet and wouldn’t have a clue what or how to do this.
I would like to hear from anyone who has returned from Turkey to see what they had to do.

Ah Gotcha, sorry did'nt help. I saw there was a 'Download & Print' option, but having just gone through the form, you can't submit it more than 48 Hours from the arrival date you fill in. Bloody silly that, why can't they let you print out blank forms that you then fill out 48 hours before you fly??

Let us know if you find one and vica-versa. I am travelling next week so interested. I assume rightly or wrongly that maybe Easyjet (Or Carrier in DLM) will have these forms to fill out on aircraft? or is that just to plain optimistic?

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 11:40:05 AM »
I think the purpose of it being submitted on line is to avoid paper having to be collected at a U.K. airport.
As Wasp0 has said, it can be completed Up to 48 hrs before departure, so someone could maybe assist your mother Steve A on their device?
She could then get it printed to be able to show at UK immigration if, she is randomly selected (???) to prove that they had completed the form.
I have found nothing yet on any website that suggests the handing in of a paper form is an option.

Offline Fran

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 11:45:06 AM »
It’s on Facebook that there are long queues at Dalaman airport due to people not completing these forms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 12:20:36 PM »
We drove back to the uk a couple of weeks ago when we got on the ferry at Rotterdam we were told that you had to fill in an online form prior to leaving the ferry terminal in hull, in the morning I started to fill in the form online it’s pretty straight forward but for all adults must be filled in separately minors who live with you are ok on driving of the ferry I had only filled in mine when we got to the border force gate they asked had I filled it in when I said only mine they made me park up fill in the wife’s form then I had to show the emailed receipt before I could leave (Once you have submitted the form you get email confirmation) this form can be filled in 48 hours before arriving into the uk if you have not submitted a form you can be fined £100
https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Offline blueclad

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 13:40:54 PM »
 its getting  the code  is the problem, if you don't have a smart phone or tablet , when you do the form I understand you get a email or a text  the reason for the enter uk form is to put people on track and trace that why you put your flight / ferry on plus your seat numbers , so any one else who goes down with the bug your then a close contact , likewise on the enter Turkey form  you put plane info plus seat number and your address in Turkey  to me its clear as mud  , I hope anyone who has returned from calis area can post on here how they did it,
also on booking our transfer for 23 august  with  F A T I had to give passenger info, again its a track and trace  system they have to do to get their transfer health certificate

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf