Author Topic: Annoyed with Virgin Mobile  (Read 2280 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Annoyed with Virgin Mobile
« on: June 25, 2017, 17:13:58 PM »
Fuming infact... Maybe someone can explain this to me?   We were unfortunately robbed while on holiday in Spain.. Barrie's hearing aids. Spectacles.. My phone.. Camera and £300... I reported the theft of my phone to Virgin on returning home.. It was an owned phone only 3 months old not bought from Virgin..  I am on a pay monthly contract.. They kindly sent me a new sim with my the same phone number.. (took 5 days) grr...
For the first time ever I decided to claim on my Travel insurance.... (what a pain that is).. sent police report. blah blah and then the insurance company wrote back and asked for proof that I did actually phone Virgin to report the phone stolen.. (hence the new sim card).. "Oh yes she says"  got it all on the system.. Oh great can you e.mail me that fact then or write.. NO system doesn't allow it... Spoke to supervisor and he said the same... What about my £200 phone then because the insurance won't pay out.. "Not our problem".. has anyone else had this problem from Virgin or another provider??   

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Annoyed with Virgin Mobile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 17:27:40 PM »
Odd, we've always found Virgin pretty good with mobile phone issues.

Try posting here: http://community.virginmedia.com/

I'm sure someone else has been in this position before you so may be worth doing a search for a previous topic.  Failing that, it looks like Virgin do monitor topics so hopefully someone with a modicum of common sense will pick up on it.

JF

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 17:43:01 PM »
On it John.... Not giving up yet.. Thank you. xx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 18:00:21 PM »
Since you only contacted them once and they then sent you a replacement sim, you could argue that is enough to prove you contacted them regarding the theft.

If that isn't enough, ring up again and get them to confirm they have it all on the system - but record it this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 18:59:34 PM »
Have managed to talk to someone in a different department by saying that I wanted to cancel my contract..Oh no.. we can help you... Good I thought..  However you will have to wait between 30 and 60 days for us to listen to the recording.. Arghhh.... It is there logged on the system that I called and they sent a replacement sim... The next time I call it WILL be to cancel...

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 21:50:00 PM »
Do you use Twitter? The big companies hate being shamed on social media.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 15:34:07 PM »
Result!!  Thank you John.. did what you said and got a call from customer services today. A woman with a brain..  sorted within  10  minutes... .. All papers now sent to insurance company.. but the frustration of dealing with call centres!!!! 

Offline marina

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 16:37:25 PM »
Well done Mercury! Have almost been reduced to tears in the past dealing with Virgin call centres (TV not mobiles). Horrible places! >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf