Author Topic: Cheap little hotel  (Read 3228 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Cheap little hotel
« on: March 21, 2017, 09:16:23 AM »
Lovely little hotel at the back of ours in ovacik called babadag hotel and apartments. Lovely and clean,bar and pool,friendly owner. Imagine my surprise when he told me the price for 2 TWO people is £12 a night and that includes a breakfast. I had to ask twice, even in August? Yes, £12 a night all year. Downside I suppose is it's the top of the hill at side of new mosque. However there is a taxi button outside for those that don't fancy the walk down or up. It's nice up here,mountain views,quiet.Bargain!
For those that don't know where Ovacik is it's kind of above hisaronu and on the road that leads to fethiye.

Offline sunlover

Re: Cheap little hotel
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 14:23:12 PM »
Ha bargain, will take a look at this hotel

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 14:31:45 PM »
At least at £12 a night they're making more than a lot of hotels locally.  The poor buggers who are signed up with the major tour operators can end up with less than a quid, per guest, per night - and in many cases they have to wait till the end of the season before they see a bean.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 14:34:08 PM »

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 16:50:10 PM »
Yes, I take trip advisor views with a pinch salt. I have stayed at places with bad reviews that were so different to my experience, that I questioned if we stayed at the same hotel. I did a comparison once too, the pool is cold,the pool is warm, the hotel is noisy,the hotel is quiet on and on.
 For £12 a night, it's not going to be the Ritz. It is however a clean,friendly hotel with a bar,pool and breakfast not too far out of town. But watch out for the neighbours. ;D :-*

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf