Author Topic: Going, going....  (Read 1602 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Going, going....
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 22:44:54 PM »
what a load of s*ite should have played the reserve
i agree totally with OPDOF

Offline Piscoe

Going, going....
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 11:14:28 AM »
In my opinion Rafa has been previously succesful (I use this word with tongue firmly in cheek) through heroics of players he inherited. He continues to waste hard to come by funds on mediocre players. For example I don't recall a list of clubs fighting for Aquilani or Lucas. Yes Torres is an exception but I can't see him being around for long.

The last funding re-structure was done assuming certain income levels from competitions such as Champions League, cup runs etc. The funders will now be asking them to re-evaluate their expectations based on what we know now. The results will be gloomy forcing the banks to take action. The action will most likely be to force the sale of Torres and/or Gerrard to reduce debt levels.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Going, going....
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
Not just to reduce debts, Torres will have to go while a fee can be achieved - to let him see out his contract and leave for nothing would be a huge financial blow.

Offline dreamon

Going, going....
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 18:24:55 PM »
Once again just watched the side I Love, struggle to hold Stoke, it pains me to say it but there are six or seven players who would struggle to get a game in a Liverpool Sunday pub team, they are very very average this season and if they play like that next Wednesday night against Spurs they will take us to the cleaners, big time.
Also have to agree with Laffa, watching the team on tv waiting to take the pitch last Wednesday, I said to my partner Elaine both Gerrard and Torres body language was all wrong, they did not appear 'up for it' was not surprised both went off, don't think either of them are injured, big big problems at the club, think all will be revealed soon, expect a major shock.
Going to need all the support I and the Kop Can give them from now on, till it is all over.:-\:-\:-\:-\

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Going, going....
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 21:49:39 PM »
Another struggle at Stoke today, if it continues like this we will go down the same road as newcastle,a huge re-shuffle is needed urgently, and put the players on who have the Liverpool way,we are playing total sh-te,before every game i think come on, we.ll turn things around today, but its just not happening, rafa wont go because if he walks he will lose money, and if he is sacked it will cost the club too much, so status quo, its a kick up the ar-e they want, still love them though. ;) YNWA.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Going, going....
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 21:56:22 PM »
As if things weren't bad enough, I watched the Everton Man City match tonight on ESPN and I've never seen a more one sided 2-0 in my life! I have come not to expect anything remarkable from Everton over the years but tonight Man City must have felt like they were grabbed round the neck by a pitbull and shaken for 90 minutes.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Going, going....
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 23:05:21 PM »
Two weeks in a row I have watched Everton and they have been fantastic. They should have taken 3 points off the Arsenal last week. Although not an Everton fan I am delighted for David Moyes as he has worked wonders at the club. Liverpool could do a lot worse than replacing Rafa with Moyes when the time comes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf