Author Topic: Liverpool v Spurs  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Liverpool v Spurs
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 19:08:19 PM »
That's strange I could have sworn Stoop said if.......

Offline maximumtom

Liverpool v Spurs
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 20:09:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

Yes, but if you read his second sentence ........ Oh look , I can do a line of dots too !

Offline Pompeylil

Liverpool v Spurs
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 21:16:06 PM »
I quite agree Stoop, we pay all our taxes, so why shouldn't he.  The Courts will decided if he and the others all caught up in the on going saga are innocent or not.  As a Pompey fan I feel immense satisfaction when I see our rivals lose.  The Saints are our rivals of old, but these days Tottenham are quite high on the list!  Harry jumped and took a few good players with him.  In our times of need we need to vent our frustration somewhere so Harry gets it.  Off the topic but looks like Jamo is now going to Stoke after all.
(ps My dad was the team coach driver for 8 yrs and always said that Harry was a fair boss to his men).  Would anyone like to donate to the Save our Pompey campaign!  (Sorry boss Scunner but I'm desperate to save them and it is only a little ask).

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Liverpool v Spurs
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 23:06:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by maximumtom

quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

Yes, but if you read his second sentence ........ Oh look , I can do a line of dots too !

Yes - if you read it again you will see I said why should he or anyone else get away with not paying taxes? Nowhere does it say he's guilty .. yet.

IF he gets convicted I hope they come down hard on him because not only would he have defrauded the tax man but he would also have shown contempt to all those fans who work all week and spend their hard earned cash to go watch their team - in the process making him a very rich man. Oh - and most of them pay their tax and NI contributions as well.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 23:07:05 PM by stoop »

Offline maximumtom

Liverpool v Spurs
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 08:51:48 AM »
It was your use of the past tense "Used to like him" which suggested that he had already gone down in your estimation.

When I had to return to the UK from my first retirement in Greece, I did a stint with HMRC, and I could tell you a tale or two about people and their taxes and I have no time for people who evade paying tax, but before I throw the first stone let me run something else by you.  Evading tax is breaking the law, so is speeding. How many people out there have broken the speed limit and not been caught ? Aren't they also evading paying their dues ? Sorry, this has gone way off topic.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Liverpool v Spurs
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 09:27:08 AM »
After reading on the internet where he was allegedly caught coming out of before Christmas, it seems that tax might be the least of his problems. Mrs Redknapp might not be too happy with him just at the moment ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:27:42 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Pompeylil

Liverpool v Spurs
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 09:31:37 AM »
Lets get back to the Liverpool v Spurs topic,  now wasn't it good to see Liverpool back to their winning ways!
You'll know me in any bars in Calis this summer me and my girls are normally the only ones shouting for Pompey if they are on the telly!  Hubby just sits at the back supping his beer.
Be nice to discuss the Harry Redders outcome then!

Come on you reds!!!!  (unless they are playing Pompey)

Offline dreamon

Liverpool v Spurs
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 16:41:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Seems when Torres and Gerrard don't play Liverpool really try extra hard.  Enjoyed the match, but have to say I hate Andy Gray and his comments even though he suffers from verbal diarrhea, he finds it hard to say anything good about Liverpool.

Try Radio 5 Live commentry and Sky coverage, best of both worlds.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf