Author Topic: Chelski  (Read 1993 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Chelski
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 07:11:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Looking at the run-ins

Come on Arsenal - make history!

Wenger it is your time!!!!

I think they just made history Ian,

They took 94 minutes to break down a ten man Wolves:D

What chance have Barcelona got:D:D

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Chelski
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 07:17:26 AM »
Lol - first class Tinx and quite right!

Unbiased opinion - Chelsea are the best team - (United could have been if they had kept Tevez and off-loaded Berbatov)

But - Whinger - is such a "pure" football man I really would like to see him do it one more time - but sadly I suspect not this year but I still have everything crossed for him :D :D

And you should all enjoy it because at best as you will come second to Man City next season  ;)

Offline javacoffee

Chelski
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 08:43:38 AM »
Pure football! Pleeese, Wenger said before the Man utd game that ' this would be a real football game.' Then got hammered. He then said the same against Barca and.... got hammered, yes they got the draw but come on it  looks great against Hull but hardly works against a proper team.

As for City, well if they get Jose then yes they will eventually win something, but would he go to a small club like City?

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Chelski
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 09:15:31 AM »
JC - as a Mancunian who would like every trophy to come to Manchester I think you have a short memory - like continually giving the ball away against a mediocre Bayern side and struggling at home against an average Chelsea performance  ;)

I think Whinger has stuck to his principals throughout and although at times it is too elaborate - it is far better than most to watch - including: Chelsea  - Liverpool - Spurs - Villa

I deliberately leave out Man Utd - who on their day are magnificent but recently have far too many bad days as the team ages and has players like Anderson and Nani coming in to replace real stars!!!

And Man City - who at times have been better than anyone this season and I think will have many, many good days next season!!! :D :D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:16:59 AM by Ian »

Offline javacoffee

Chelski
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 12:13:24 PM »
Yep Chelsea were very average, I'm glad you said it, and I agree we played poorly, although I though Bayern played better than average they played like they really wanted it. you have no balance in your argument, Chelsea beat easily by City and Milan. Liverpool just average most of the time. Spurs and Villa blowing hot and cold. The only reason the league is so close is because utd have lost after champions league games.

City better than anyone! why are they not top then? poppycock and very average just like the teams they competing with for fourth place. Wenger cocked up by letting some experienced defenders and midfielders go, I'll eat your underpants if Arsenal win at Barca.

For a small club City do ok but I really do hope they get the champions league spot, boy will they find it hard. We do.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Chelski
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
Come on Arsene - there is even more incentive now  ;)

Ps Can I clarify - if any team from Manchester / NW is playing any team from outside of Manchester/NW I want us to win.
(call me old-fashioned and yes been to see Man City - Man Utd - Blackburn - Oldham - Bury oh and Everton this season)

Pps Is this is the same Barca that made Man Utd look so woeful???? [?]

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:24:13 PM by Ian »

Offline javacoffee

Chelski
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
Same here, I used to watch both and if Oldham relocate then I'll watch them as well. You would agree that you have to be in it to win it and Utd are still in the title race, just, and still in the big one, just. I love supporting Man Utd they are the benchmark.

Off to the airport now for a bit of R & R in Morroco, let's hope I'm not eating linen by this time next week.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Chelski
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 12:48:39 PM »
I think if Rooney doesnt get back, Utd's season is over and I think Arsenal will finish in second, but neither team has been really consistent enough to make and bets on them.

My worry is they will force Rooney back to early and knacker him for the world cup, with decisions made by Fergie previously proves he doesn't give a stuff about England.

Tinx

Offline javacoffee

Chelski
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 12:52:29 PM »
Neither do I, until the end of May that is. Club first Country second. Bye..

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Chelski
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 13:06:36 PM »
Playing players when not fit is not in the interest of club, country or player and there seems to be a couple of top clubs doing this at the moment, is that due to lack of strength in depth and relying on one or two key players?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf