Author Topic: England 1 USA 1  (Read 1996 times)

Offline dulux

England 1 USA 1
« on: June 13, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »
I like the way Steve Gerrard sugested it could have been the new ball that led to Greens cockup.I wonder if Gerrard knew that Green was the No1 premier keeper last season for cockups that led to goals.I would'nt be surprised if we have seen the last of Green in the England goal after this one.Possibly also the last of our England in this World Cup if they dont start putting away the scoring chances they get.Lets hope they can at last for once get it together and play as a team and not strangers to eachother.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:50:20 PM by dulux »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
England 1 USA 1
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 20:53:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by dulux

I wonder if Gerrard knew that Green was the No1 premier keeper last season for cockups that led to goals.

And where are the statistics to back that claim up?

I think we were what we expect - nervy, clumsy, disjointed and easily jostled - but England are always like that in games that don't HAVE to be won.

If Green is going to make a nervous mistake thank God it was in match 1 and not the final.

Offline fletch

England 1 USA 1
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 22:18:45 PM »
That's the spirit, have a dig and write off a player after one silly mistake. :o:-\

COME ON ENGLAND! :D:D

Offline dulux

England 1 USA 1
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 22:25:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

quote:
Originally posted by dulux

I wonder if Gerrard knew that Green was the No1 premier keeper last season for cockups that led to goals.

And where are the statistics to back that claim up?

I think we were what we expect - nervy, clumsy, disjointed and easily jostled - but England are always like that in games that don't HAVE to be won.

If Green is going to make a nervous mistake thank God it was in match 1 and not the final.

I think this has something to do with it.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2292/editorials/2010/06/13/1974194/numbers-game-robert-green-made-more-errors-than-any-premier

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
England 1 USA 1
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 22:30:03 PM »
"Robert Green made four mistakes that were directly responsible for goals conceded last season, more than any other player in the Premier League in 2009-10."

That's a scientific fact is it? Who did the research? A load of hindsight fuelled hot air.

Offline BM06

England 1 USA 1
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 09:19:32 AM »
WWW.goal.comINDIA LOL that well known football playing nation. 4 mistakes that lead to goals in 38 games not bad stats for a keeper with a defence like WH had last season i am quite impressed.

Offline hydeaway

England 1 USA 1
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 18:24:51 PM »
we must all realise we are a very ordinary team and you must not read the papers who portray us a giants in the game. Rooney not the same player since his injury. I love England with a passion but we do not keep the ball well enough to win a world cup and we have no one who can change a game. quater-final place i am afraid.

Offline tel

England 1 USA 1
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 19:03:19 PM »
Was it not Gerrard that couldn't contain Dempsey's movement to get a shot at Green anyway.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
England 1 USA 1
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 19:24:37 PM »
That's the spirit -support the boys (not), deary me, give them a chance- we expect so much every time - is it 'coz then we love to moan. What do the Aussies call us Whinging poms. Could have a point there reading some of your posts. My only comment on the match is that there were too many replays and not enough match shown.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
England 1 USA 1
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 20:35:46 PM »
It's exciting stuff GB, I've got the horn and I'd like to give it to you:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/vuvuzela-2010/id326630627?mt=8

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf