Author Topic: Capello/Terry  (Read 2602 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Capello/Terry
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »
nit picking, have you read your post?:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Capello/Terry
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »
I must say on this subject, captaincy does seem to add something to a player or indeed take something away. For England my opinion is that giving JT the captaincy adds something to his performances, whereas I much prefer to see an unburdened Steven Gerrard, given just the responsibility to go out there and play his own game.

Offline maximumtom

Capello/Terry
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 07:48:47 AM »
I think that JT is the natural captain. He is an organiser and prepared to put his body on the line - just look at the way he threw himself in the penalty area to try and block a shot in the dying minutes of the last game; he also had the sense to keep his hands behind him, which meant that his head was right in the firing line. You can't lead by example better than that.

Offline Eric

Capello/Terry
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 13:19:11 PM »

[/quote]
There aren't too many jobs paying what Capello earns where you are able to have three opportunities to do something and not change anything when two times out of three it quite obviously isn't working.
[/quote]

I think it was Aristotle who said "The definition of madness is doing the same thing time after time and expecting the outcome to be different"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf