Author Topic: cheats never prosper?  (Read 1181 times)

Offline bigvic

« on: July 03, 2010, 07:34:46 AM »
Not much!! suarez was cheating all through that match,and it payed off,big time.i really feel for the ghanians,the ref should have awarded a goal,not a penalty,he could argue about the rules after uruquay was kicked out!!!!

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
cheats never prosper?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:27:17 AM »
I felt sso sorry for those guys the moment obviously got to the guy taking the penalty,yes you are right suarez was possibly the biggest cheat out there.

How Forlan can feel proud of that game is beyond me

Ron

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
cheats never prosper?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 10:52:57 AM »
It's hard not to instinctively hand ball on the line when a lot depends on it - and it's hardly Forlan's fault that they missed the penalty. Very hard on the Ghana players though.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
cheats never prosper?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 12:37:28 PM »
I think Ghana are a physical team and Uruquay set out to deal with it as best they could - no different to most other teams - I have never seen as much diving as we have had in this competition.

Agree with Scunner - it looked in slowmo almost easier to head the ball out but instinct takes over at that speed.

As regards to Forlan - he has dragged that team to the semi's on his own - credit to him - he was ridiculed at Man Utd - but always seems to give 110% to me - mixed with some real skill - he always seems to have a little bit more time when he receives the ball - enough said!

They will clearly be an easy passage to the finals now for someone!

Ian

Offline bigvic

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 16:32:24 PM »
Not instinct,you only do what he did instinctively if you are playing beach volley ball(with them little tiny knickers and that.)Whoops gone off track a bit there...i agree Forlan is a great player,so is Suarez,but he has a penchant for cheating.what about another brilliant south american who is also a cheat.i think he's losing at the moment...

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
cheats never prosper?
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 16:36:42 PM »
Losing to German efficiency and teamwork - no wonder they make such good cars!!!! :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
cheats never prosper?
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 10:14:33 AM »
It is instinctive to stop the ball with your hand if you are on the line to stop the ball going in the net. Yes it's cheating but I don't think there is a player out there that wouldn't do the same. Too much on the game these days really. The guy would have been crucified back home if they had scored the penalty but now he's a hero I guess. Funny old game.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf