Author Topic: Wes Brown  (Read 883 times)

Offline dulux

Wes Brown
« on: August 08, 2010, 21:19:55 PM »
I have just read a "Breaking News" story that along with other "very" prominant England players that Wes Brown has also decided to retire from International Football.I was quite stunned by this and decided to see what Wes Brown had given to the England team over the years to warrant this sad news. His playing record for England is over the last 11 years  "yes" I did say 11 years. He has in fact played all of 23 times. What oh what will we do without him in the future one wonders.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Wes Brown
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 21:37:19 PM »
I confess not to understand this.

If I had been blessed with enough talent to be selected to represent my country at anything, I would want to make damned sure that I made myself available for a long as was humanly possible and/or until someone told me my services were no longer required.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Wes Brown
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 21:42:37 PM »
I would probably agree H but I find myself also with great sympathy for Paul Robinson - dumped by England and Capello, disregarded for what would probably be his last real chance of playing in a World Cup then called up afterwards when those who were selected didn't measure up. I'd have given Capello the same answer too. I guess there is some of the same in Wes Brown's case too.

I love selling houses but must confess I'm not so keen when people who decided they didn't need me when they bought suddenly need me when they want to sell  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf