Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 1898 times)

Offline amca

World Cup
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 10:29:10 AM »
FA spokesperson:
Russia! if only we knew FIFA were looking for an artic wasteland with a usless transport system and institutional racism for the world cup. We could have put in a joint bit with scotland :o)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
World Cup
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 17:20:08 PM »
Excuse me - who are you calling institutionally racist. ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
World Cup
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 17:43:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by amca

if ~ FIFA were looking for an artic wasteland with a usless transport system and institutional racism for the world cup. We could have put in a joint bit with scotland :o)

What total rubbish. We can take any train to Edinburgh with reserved seats for the 4 of us for £28 return! I've never been so insulted!

Offline brenda52

World Cup
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 18:09:53 PM »
Oh come on - you must have been :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
World Cup
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 01:08:17 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by brenda52

Oh come on - you must have been :)

Hiya Mrs H. Your posting is a fairly rare occasion. It's great to see you on here, let's have a bit more.
Love Ken x

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
World Cup
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 08:37:50 AM »
As usual cuddly Ken  says what he thinks:

Let's break away from FIFA, says Ken Bates

KEN Bates has urged the major European football nations to break away from FIFA in the wake of England's failed 2018 World Cup bid.
FIFA awarded the 2018 World Cup to Russia, with England's bid securing only two votes from the 22 members of FIFA's executive committee, and the 2022 tournament was handed to Qatar.

Leeds chairman Bates reacted by branding FIFA "a waste of space".

Bates said: "I'm of the opinion that the big European nations should resign from FIFA and start their own organisation.

"If they (FIFA) didn't have Spain, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom there wouldn't be a FIFA. There wouldn't be a UEFA for that matter.

"The only way to deal with FIFA is to withdraw from it and let them get on with it.

"FIFA are a two-bob organisation above any law and should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

"It's a case of the tail wagging the dog. We have little Jack Warner standing in the corner, Oceania, the Caribbean, and the oil states. All that happens is they keep giving the votes to Blatter so he stays there in power.

"The fact of the matter is we (England) have the best stadiums and the best infrastructure. If you think of the disaster of the Champions League final in Moscow a couple of years ago when people were being billeted 100 miles away it's a joke.

"And as for Qatar - I always think someone is clearing their throat when they say that. How are they going to develop football? Australia, who have all the stadia and put a tremendous Olympics on, would have put on a great show.

"FIFA is a waste of space. It's a money making organisation and I don't think they give a damn about football."

Asked if each individual footballing nation should have a seperate vote, rather than FIFA's executive committee, Bates added: "Should the Bahamas have the same vote as England? Should Andorra have the same as Germany? No, it's rubbish, we should form an elite association of countries."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:38:27 AM by stoop »

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
World Cup
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 08:45:16 AM »
Mr Bates is spot on. - nothing more to say - just do it!

Oh and hold a tax evasion enquiry into FIFA finances - especially any recent transactions in Rubles or Riyal

Ian

Ps Stoop - you are so lucky to have an eccentric Englishman as opposed to a moneybags johnny foreigner

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
World Cup
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »
15 million pounds wasted to bid for a load of blokes to run around kicking a bag of air in England.
hmmmmmm

Offline davybill

World Cup
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 13:01:50 PM »
its like the eurovision song contest nobody likes us?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
World Cup
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 14:20:36 PM »
Ian,

I must admit I like the guy .. and he shares his birthday with my brother, Ken and one of my best mates. So I'll raise a glass to him when we go out for the birthday meal tonight.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf