Author Topic: Oh dear Gooners  (Read 999 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Oh dear Gooners
« on: March 12, 2011, 19:49:17 PM »

Out of three cups in a week,shame because they are a good footballing team and I really fancied them today,never mind

Come on you Irons  8)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Oh dear Gooners
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 19:54:15 PM »
Well done Man U. Great result for a much changed young team. If Smalling keeps improving Ferdinand will be hard pressed to get back in.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Oh dear Gooners
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 20:02:34 PM »
More possession, more attempts on and off target. Sounds as if Va de Sar may have denied them this time.

I agree totally that they are a good footballing side but they really do have to start delivering.

Offline ronzeus

Oh dear Gooners
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 20:30:47 PM »
Originally posted by Highlander

More possession, more attempts on and off target. Sounds as if Va de Sar may have denied them this time.

I agree totally that they are a good footballing side but they really do have to start delivering.

Did you watch the game H,Man U  Alwayslooked dangerous going forward and the Arsenal defence with the exception of their keeper looked shaky against the Unt attack.
 Must admitt looking at United team with the very average Gibson and O shea in midfield and the useless Brown at right back and the Da Silva boys on the wings i thought Fergie had lost the plot ,the DaSilvas were a pleasant surprise as i thought they were very good.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 20:31:46 PM by ronzeus »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Oh dear Gooners
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 20:39:37 PM »
ronzeus - my apologies I should have said that according to the stats.

Offline barry44544

Oh dear Gooners
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 21:55:36 PM »
A very poor game from Arsenal, sucker punched by the long ball again.
We had most of the play, but could not get the ball in the net again!
Well done United..

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Oh dear Gooners
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 23:30:06 PM »
manu keeper man of the match says it all really. Rooney had his best game by far in defense.

At least the Gunners can concentrate on the league now. That's all they have left.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Oh dear Gooners
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 10:51:20 AM »
Crawled in at three this morning, after a train journey from hell or Manchester. I still can't work out which.  I'll never complain again about public transport from Highbury.

As to the game, usual suspect Arsenal performance in front of goal, no leadership, poor defence especially at centre half, and certain players going missing for large parts of the game.  The only Arsenal players to have shone during thegame were Wilshire and Nasri: no shock there!  Arsenal supporters were magnificent, outsinging, out chanting the prawn sandwich supporters.

It's not that Wenger should go, it's that he should be smart enough to recognise that his startegy is flawed in certain areas, and then do something about it, or this season could end up like 2008/09 all over again, in all trophies to the last knockings and then winning nothing:-\

Offline ukchris

Oh dear Gooners
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 16:34:38 PM »
i'm a Man U fan so pleased with the result, even more so from when I saw the team sheet !

Watched Arsenal V Barcelona and seeing them yesterday surely wenger has to buy a quality striker. I kept thinking if one of them actually put his laces through the ball when he got it on the edge of the box instead of tip tapping about with it the game could have been a completely different result.

Offline fletch

Oh dear Gooners
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 20:54:37 PM »
Yep! ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf