Author Topic: Joey Barton  (Read 2559 times)

Offline fletch

Joey Barton
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 20:22:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by barry44544

Without that happening Barton would have had to have been sent off.

Then why wasn't he? did the slap (sledge hammer punch)reduce the punishment?

I agree with "Letting the football do the talking" but Barton should've just carried on with the game. The replay has showed that Gervinho was tapped so up until the point he raised his hand to Barton he was innocent of any cheating behaviour. Barton comes in grabbing and snarling and that's what it was all about.

Watching SKY ONE this morning and a good point raised was, over the last few weeks Barton has been posting on Twitter about Newcastle bosses being honest just like he is and that they should be truthful just like he is? After the match he said he was punched? he went down like a ton of bricks? Trouble follows him around like a bad smell, he doesn't deserve to hold a high profile position and could be a bad influence on our younger stars of the future.

Song SHOULD be punished for the stamp without a doubt and this is not what I want to see whilst watching Arsenal. As much as I like Song as a player and believe he has talent, I would rather watch someone that can play the game with the right attitude even if he is not as good a player.

Joey Barton is not right mentally, he is bad for our game. He shows no  sign of trying to improve his attitude since his release from prison and this is proved by his outbursts on Twitter (of which NCFC banned) but still he takes no notice. His attitude on the pitch is much the same as off it and NCFC need to make and take the hard decision not to play him. There are many dirty players in the world today and yes AFC have had their fair share but this man is in a league of his own in my opinion!

Out!  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Joey Barton
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 21:14:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Barton is a yob and will never change. He is a liability as soon as he puts his feet on the pitch.

Stop his benefits! :D

The best benefit he ever had was being born in Liverpool.. how good can that get:D
I would remove that from him in a minute if I could ;)

Offline cheers

Joey Barton
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 23:45:31 PM »
Well remove it Jackie. :)  He was neither born nor ever lived in Liverpool!:D  And does not even now! 8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Joey Barton
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 08:41:19 AM »
O.K. Cheers I will wipe it from my memory that he was born and brought up in Huyton which is now a suburb of Newcastle  ;)

Offline cheers

Joey Barton
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 13:38:03 PM »
Its actually a suburb of Knowsley Jackie

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Joey Barton
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 15:44:45 PM »
So Jacqui was right then, apology due!! YES, ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 15:46:12 PM by desmartinson »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Joey Barton
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 15:53:15 PM »
No Cheers... It's outside Newcastle... get with the programme please, it's only about 200 miles outside Newcastle thought.

Offline cheers

Joey Barton
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 18:54:28 PM »
Your obvious intellect goes over my head then Jackie!  I was just trying to help you out on your comment "The best benefit he ever had was being born in Liverpool.. how good can that get
I would remove that from him in a minute if I could".  

Your post of 200 miles outside Newcastle also goes over my head as I don't know what you are pertaining to??  I live 500 yards as the crow flies from where he was born and about 1 mile away from his 'Bolthole'.

No apology necessary Des!

Des he wasn't born in Liverpool and never did.  He has a

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Joey Barton
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 19:23:02 PM »
Barton has admitted he went down easily because he wanted the guy sent off as revenge for the stamping incident.

He should get a retrospective red card for his play acting (and the stupidity of admitting it).

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Joey Barton
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 19:26:53 PM »
Why is everyone quoting all the posts before theirs, post after post - there's no need to make us read the same posts again and again and again - just reply, we'll manage to follow the conversation!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf