Author Topic: Legend  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Legend
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 17:30:32 PM »
The linesman (yes linesman) is in a very good (perfect ?) position to give the decision.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 17:32:15 PM by Highlander »

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 22:41:52 PM »
Yes everyone likes to see former heroes come good again, and I loved it as much as every Arsenal supporter.  However, the question is after Henry disappears, and indeed before he does, has Wenger a plan in place to bring in a striker who will be with us for longer than 8 weeks, and can provide or add to our striker capability alongside RVP?  I don't think so:-\

He probably has to get out the current striking dross that is Billy Bendtner and Crapmack before he can bring in a new striker, and nobody is going to pay money for either of them, or at least not the wages we are paying for them. And don't get me started into why he rushed to buy the Korean, and then never plays him[:(!]

And listen I loved watching Henry, but if there is one foreign player whose statue should be outside the stadium it's Denis Bergkamp .. quality, majesty and no 18 month period of sulking, and playing the shall I stay or go game like we had from Henry. Including a period during this time of dubious injuries that prevented him from playing.  There I've said it, Henry is not a god ... but old Denis now that is a different story:D:D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 22:47:26 PM by usedbustickets »

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 02:57:43 AM »
Arsenal supporters should not get carried away in a wave of euphoria because Henry is back.On Monday it was like the second coming when Henry started to warm up and the fans just got carried away. After the start that we had to the season it was a tonic for the supporters and it is a while since they had so much to cheer about. I heard the odd comment that we could still win the premiership now that Henry is back.We may not win the prem but we will have a big say in where it goes. The top 4 have got to come to Arsenal.Reading in the press and watching on TV today his arrival is getting to Harry the artful dodger as he is worried about what Henry might do when Spurs come at the end of Feb.

The priority should be to ensure that RVP remains and that a longterm quality striking partner is found.Without his goals this season we would have probably 10 or 12 points less than we have now and any hope to qualify for the CL next season would have already gone.

UBT, I agree with you that Denis was real class. In my humble opinion he was one of the most intelligent and skillful players to have graced the premiership.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf