Author Topic: Luis Suarez signs new contract  (Read 12753 times)

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
Re: Luis Suarez signs new contract
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2013, 20:56:35 PM »
Game on them...... how about another tenner on who finishes higher in the leaque? loser pays £10 to the CCC's?

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 11:05:18 AM »
Suarez is a cheating, low-life slimeball.

That is all.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 12:57:46 PM »
So, if he was offered to the team you support,  (which is it incidentally?)  I suppose you would say no?
I have seen many nasty comments over the years about wonderful players (He was player of the month in December).  These comments are always from jealous supporters of other teams, who would give their eye teeth to have that player in their squad.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 12:59:28 PM »
You walked right in Jacqui !

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 13:01:18 PM »
Well, sitting waiting for a delivery, and need something to do...Don't worry about me I have been on this Forum for a very long time,  I can handle it.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 13:04:49 PM »
i think hes handled himself fantastically lately, i can only think Rogers must have had an influence

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 13:24:29 PM »
£200,000 a week. What a bargain when you see what Bale,Ronaldo and Messi get.If Liverpool get into Europe Luis will stay for sure.If not it depends what is written into his new contract.I heard there is a clause in it allowing him to talk to Barca and Milan if they dont qualify for Europe but that the asking price is in the region of £150.000 000 for them to sign him. Well done Brendon Rodgers and Liverpool.The only way is up.

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2014, 15:26:06 PM »
No, I would not want him at my club (the clue is in my username). I'd rather keep Benteke (but I expect he'll be gone in the summer, too)

Suarez is a great goalscorer, given, but a thoroughly loathsome individual. It's not about winning at all costs and diving, racism and biting have no place in the game.

I found the way Liverpool FC backed up his vile behaviour rather shocking too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16406960

"An independent Football Association commission ruled that Suarez, 24, had racially abused Evra during a 1-1 draw between Liverpool and Manchester United in October 2011."

The commission's report stated that the Uruguayan striker had used the term "negro" seven times in around two minutes and criticised him for providing "unreliable" and "inconsistent" evidence at the hearing.

Liverpool decided not to appeal against Suarez's ban, but issued a statement saying it was their "strongly held conviction... that the Football Association and the panel it selected constructed a highly subjective case... based on an accusation that was ultimately unsubstantiated".

Roberts, who has campaigned for Kick It Out  , told BBC Sport: "Liverpool must think long and hard about how they are perceiving this.

"They are a proud club with lots of fans of different cultures and nationalities and it's important to think about how they would feel about being treated in the same way.

"Knowing people are from different nationalities and have different cultures is an important part of building your brand. You also have to know that players certainly don't accept being spoken to in that way." 

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2014, 16:08:36 PM »
Villain...That's old news. He commited the crime and served the time.Live with it.He has come back and even after serving his ban is the top scorer in the prem.

Stoop you do make me laugh with what you come out with.You should be on tv  :)

Offline snowtop

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2014, 16:39:00 PM »
As mentioned before, Suarez is a goal machine.  As for the Diving, how many other players get the same aggro and attention as Suarez? Nil!!.  All those of you who give him stick when other players do the same thing and are excused f a verbal lashing indicates complete jealousy as to the mans ability as a world class player.
What about Rafael in the last Man U game? is he getting the same flak?  No!!

Did Suarez dive against Villa?

Martin Samuel

I made it a penalty at first glance, and replays haven’t altered that opinion. The problem these days is that unless a player gets knocked five feet in the air, it is claimed he has fallen too easily. Suarez was clipped because Guzan came out in a rash manner.

Graham Poll

It is as clear a penalty as you want to see. Suarez did not dive, he played as the professional footballer that he is. He knew the contact would come from Brad Guzan. The speed at which the keeper came out meant a collision was inevitable.

Jamie Redknapp

I don't accept it was a dive. There was contact and there’s nothing in the rule book that says how much contact there has to be. Suarez might be a master at winning penalties, but you have to go back to the source — what was the Villa keeper doing?

Martin Keown

When a keeper comes rushing out like that, he makes up the striker’s mind for him.
Suarez would have known it  was a tight angle to get a  shot off, so as soon as Guzan over-commits and there is contact, that’s enough to knock him off his stride

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2542417/Did-Luis-Suarez-dive-Sportsmail-experts-views.html#ixzz2qxQ53zrT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Anybody else accused of Diving last weekend?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf