Author Topic: Referees  (Read 1178 times)

Offline sandgrounder

Referees
« on: January 02, 2015, 14:04:21 PM »
I've just watched Match of the Day (1/1/15) and I have to say that the standard of refereeing in the Premier League is appalling. There are far too many inconsistancies from supposedly highly trained and very well paid professionals. I hate to say it but I think now is the time to introduce technology to ensure mistakes aren't made. What say you lot?

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Re: Referees
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 17:04:27 PM »
Pick of the bunch the player that got hit in the face with the ball, as if that wasn't bad enough then gets a penalty awarded against him for hand ball , all in front of the ref.Technology must be introduced but look how long we had to wait for the camera in the goal.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 19:20:42 PM »
Yes it's utter rubbish talked about technology slowing the game down, before Gerrard even picked up the ball to take that penalty, the TV had shown the incident four times from two different angles showing the ball had struck the player in the face and not his hand. The refs are miked up and a question back to the control room "penalty?" Could be answered in under 5 seconds.

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 19:57:47 PM »
Technology would get in the way of the Agenda. Refs would lose their control of the result sorry game.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 19:58:03 PM »
A few incidents recently where the referee was right up with the play and in full vision of incidents, but did not see them.   Time these referees were questioned about why they missed obvious fouls etc.,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf