Author Topic: mayor of Olu Deniz  (Read 7812 times)

Offline jsp51

mayor of Olu Deniz
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 19:20:38 PM »
I have been to marmaris, stayed at marmaris and got the teashirt, thay is why I come to Fethiye. It is busy busy, you cannot walk down the street without being hassled and to top it all there is at least 4 McDonnalds, enough said!!!
If the likes of Kerrametin keep this sort of rif raff out of Olu then he will get my vote.As Kevin say "you always have the choice". By the way if you like Marmaris so much I have a 2 bedroom apartment, brand new and furnished for sale, very cheap please get in touch.

Offline civciv

mayor of Olu Deniz
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 21:18:17 PM »
You cant compare Marmaris with Olu Deniz.. thats unrealistic. Marmaris is a large town with a busy harbour/port whereas Olu was originally a village. I love to escape from the noise and madness of Marmaris to the peace of Olu in the summer.

Offline TGAR

mayor of Olu Deniz
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 22:10:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

We are stuck with the idiot for another 4 years. He is destroying the area as a tourist resort. Why do most people go to marmaris. Go and have a look at Marmaris. It is clean and modern. Olu Deniz is worn out with nothing better than shacks being used as restaurants and shops.

I don't think another Marmaris style resort would be welcome in Calis. So in your face as opposed to a laid back resort where if you want a bit of 'action ' you can find it if required. Who needs McDonalds & Asda in Turkey???

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
mayor of Olu Deniz
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 23:13:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by TGAR

Who needs McDonalds & Asda in Turkey???

Erm,  Turks !

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

mayor of Olu Deniz
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 14:36:12 PM »
I am not saying I want to live in Marmaris or create another version of it. The whole infrastructure in Marmaris is geared towards promoting tourism. The traders in the Hisaranou area are really struggling to make ends meet. I know a number of traders and most lost money last season. The traders want to know where are the tourists and why are they not coming to Hisaranou. A good friend of ours had to sell his car to pay off his restaurants debts.

The main decisions as to what areas should be marketed by tthe tour operators are made in late March. You come to Hisaranou in late march and the place is like a bomb site. The tour operators go away thinking the area is a disaster. It must be the responsibility of the mayor to ensure that all this building work that takes place is completed in time for the tour operators visits. At present you can stay in some hotels in the area for 35GBP for 14 nights. How can a hotel operator make a reasonable profit. they hope to make a profit by being totally reliant on these guests eating and drinking in the hotel.What happens these hotels fall into disrepair and get poor write ups as substandard.

The latest decision of the mayor is that every bar and restaurant in the Olu Deniz area must charge a minimum of 4TL for a beer.So the smaller bars that are more like pubs have lost their advantage. It is authority sticking its nose in the free market.

what I want to see is a prosperous Olu Deniz area offering the best holidays in Turkey.With prosperity comes better hotels better facilities and better roads. This does not have to include McDonalds or Burgerking

Offline Harmless

mayor of Olu Deniz
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 17:51:50 PM »
I remember Marmaris, when it was a pretty village.  Then when it was a smallish resort and now a biggie.  it has lost it's character and personally, I am not a fan, however, lots of tourists absolutely love it there.
In my opinion OluDeniz is much better, but, yes the council should be much better organised, the roads are not in good repair and everything is left until the last minute and beyond, however, the mayor has done some good things in the previous four years and hopefully will do more in the next.  
I think more should be done to help business in general.  Taxation is very high, national insurance contributions are high and income is low.  Plus of course, rents are expensive and horror of horrors the tenant has to pay the landlord's tax liability rather than office/shop/premises rental moneys being tax deductable.

Offline Old Daffodil

mayor of Olu Deniz
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 20:50:40 PM »
Is it true that the mayor was given the choice of a golf course being built or the Nicholas Centre shopping area?

Offline brianthegardener

mayor of Olu Deniz
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 04:23:35 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

Is it true that the mayor was given the choice of a golf course being built or the Nicholas Centre shopping area?

does it matter[?].....hes still done a good job as Mayor in last 4 years and no doubt will continue to do a good job in this term of office...he was elected at last election by 70% of the votes cast for him...so he cant be that bad can he:D

Im sure theres no one on this forum that can answer your question Dafdodil :)

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
mayor of Olu Deniz
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 05:02:40 AM »
What is a good job,no washing machines or fridge freezers were seen to be given a way leading up to the elections as in the east of turkey and have they paid there tax bill yet i suppose the voters knew where they stood with him lineing his pockets first, at least he was consistant unlike some of the other candidates this is why he was re elected better the devil you know: :)

Offline Old Daffodil

mayor of Olu Deniz
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 07:31:44 AM »
I do agree,a lot of progress has been made in the area over the years.It must be a difficult job.I hope that as things progress farther the natural beauty of the area is not spoilt.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf