Author Topic: Tomato shortage??  (Read 2431 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Tomato shortage??
« on: October 01, 2015, 21:59:02 PM »
We stayed in Calis for a month in May and are here for a month now... We have noticed a distinct drop in the meal quality and portion sizes... even Gunisik where we have always had nothing but praise and have always said that it was consistent gave us really poor meals this week...
The much heralded Rosemary was very dissapointing.. Barrie ordered chicken with saute potatoes.. it came with 6 potato wedges piled up in the middle and four overdone chicken breast slices..and one half of charcoled tomato... Piece of rosemary stuck in the top no veg..
The Meeting Point gave us about 8 chips and a tiny portion of rice with salad.. non on the usual veg.
We have noticed that every salad we have had has non of the usual chopped tomatoes in either... Is there a shortage? are they expensive or is it just a case of trying to cut their food bills to the bone?

Offline snowtop

Re: Tomato shortage??
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 22:19:51 PM »
Just trying to make more profit.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 22:39:02 PM »
Doubtful, they where on about opening some sort of tomato factory last year as there where too many, and getting wasted. I always thought they're very cheap.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 15:16:10 PM »
My garden is producing an end of season glut of tomatoes so, this afternoon, I have made one of my favourite soups - tomato and orange.

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 12:18:58 PM »
Hopefully the recent tomato shortage had nothing to do with the illicit sun-dried tomato factory we had running for a couple of weeks back in August. We did about a lorry load of them and for a while, the local greengrocer was my best mate. The hotel staff kept laughing at us, too. Clearly, they've never bought tomatoes from a UK supermarket.

One of the many, many batches:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf